Losing weight but not looking good?

Options
Has anyone here who has lost weight ever thought that If you did lose weight you wouldn't look any good? I have an 11 month old daughter & my tummy is something I am afraid will look even worse with weight gone. Most of my stretch marks are invisible except for a few deep ones. & the sagging! I'm afraid all this hard work will be for nothing. Just wondering if anyone thought the same way & has a pictures or stories they would like to share. Looking for some hope.

Replies

• suenewberry81
    suenewberry81 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem, but since exercising I'm looking better, this month I have lost 7 inches just by doing 2 classes a week and walking on the other days, I've had 3 children and I know I'm not going to look like did before having them but I don't look to bad for having 3 children, good luck with it and just think how healthy you will feel when your at your target weight xx
  • CBrook04
    CBrook04 Posts: 107
    Options
    Thanks so much. I was never a bikini wearer anyways, so I'm not really looking for my stomach to look great bare. I'm more worried of looking good in clothes considering most of my time is spent in clothing, ha ;)
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I remember from losing weight in the past that there's a stage where I looked worse instead of better because the fat comes off unevenly. Ya just gotta power through it and keep exercising. I have heard that dry brushing in the direction of your heart is a really good treatment for loose skin; brings more circulation to it, helps tone it. I'm definitely doing that.
  • DenyceLouise
    Options
    I have had those same fears. But I walk my very strong puppy about 3 or 4 times a day and I hula hoop with a weighted hoop, it's fun and it really works that tummy. I like the results, it's a process. But the hooping is fun. :happy:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Lose weight slowly, with good nutrition and an appropriate calorie deficit (ie... if you have 20 pounds to lose, don't try for 2 pounds a week... it ain't gonna happen), and regular exercise including strength training, and your body will thank you for it.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Photos?
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    My mommy tummy is almost gone. If you want to see what it looked like when I started, feel free to browse through my profile. My girls are 2 1/2 and 1, and throughout losing weight, I've kept a moderate deficit, and lifted heavy. I did think I was going to have loose skin, but I noticed just after my youngest turned 11 months, that the skin was tightening up again - and it's covered in stretch marks.
  • arosethorn
    arosethorn Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way. I've lost 20 lbs, but I feel that I just don't look the same as before I started having kids. I'm trying to work on toning things up. I'm trying not to get discouraged, but it is difficult sometimes. Just remember that it took a long time to gain the weight, so it will take a while to lose it and get back into shape. It's a long process. Good luck!
  • _kannnd
    _kannnd Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I went through the same issue. The skin on my belly looked horrendous after my kid. And to me, it still does. But, it's getting smaller. I still have stretch marks, and I probably always will, but I take those in pride because they are from my kid. My belly was always the main thing I've complained to my hubby about. It's definitely gotten smaller as the pounds come off. I'm not sure if it will completely go away, but you shouldn't let that keep you from getting healthy and lose the weight.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!