Late Night Challenge

Options
Hi Everyone -

I am into my second week of my lifestyle change and I'm doing pretty good. BUT, I am starting to have trouble late into the evening. When I am at work and because I am so busy I don't seem to have any trouble. It's in the evening after 9 p.m. and before I go to bed (which times range from 11 p.m. - 1:30 a.m.) that I am finding that I get really hungry. Now, I've been saving some calories for into the evening so I can have a snack yet it doesn't seem to be enough. Any suggestions?

I can't wait to see what you have to say.

Thanks.
Mary

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone -

I am into my second week of my lifestyle change and I'm doing pretty good. BUT, I am starting to have trouble late into the evening. When I am at work and because I am so busy I don't seem to have any trouble. It's in the evening after 9 p.m. and before I go to bed (which times range from 11 p.m. - 1:30 a.m.) that I am finding that I get really hungry. Now, I've been saving some calories for into the evening so I can have a snack yet it doesn't seem to be enough. Any suggestions?

Thanks.
    Mary

How many calories are you "saving" for night time? First thing I'd try would be to save more and see if the problem gets better or worse, and go from there.
  • SammyLou28
    Options
    Hi Everyone -

Thanks.
    Mary

I have the same issue, but what I'm going to try when I go grocery shopping next week is to not even buy things that I can snack on that I would feel bad about. I'm gonna get stuff like baby carrot sticks.
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I'd get rid of the snacks if they are taking you above your limit. Everything is self control, you'll get there.
  • pjstudev
    pjstudev Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue. I get really hungry at night. There are two suggestions that I have. One, drink more fluids during the day and the evening. A lot of times I think I am hungry when I am actually thirsty from the day and work out. Also, I eat about every two hours during the day. I try to cram as many things as I can in each. So, I may eat 2 or 3 rice cakes (about 150 calories) as my afternoon snack. I also drink decaf, unsweet tea (with splenda) in the evenings. Sometimes that sweetness will boost me over the edge. Good luck! I want to stuff my face in the evenings a lot and it is very difficult to overcome but it can be done.
  • VFBloch0725
    Options
    I have the same problem and very much a snacker. While I do try to save some calories for late night, for me personally, fixing a lowfat smoothie and nibbling on mini carrots or cucumbers really helps. Its the liquid along with a food that takes time to chew is helpful. After some time, the cravings will not get so intense.

Feel free to ad me as a friend if you need any further support.

:)
  • rubberbiscuit
    Options
    I am a nighttime snacker too. It's not because I'm hungry, it's just mindless snacking usually caused by boredom. I complete my diary entry for the day after about 8pm. It's a psychological thing, when I complete my diary, my mind thinks I'm done for the day and it makes it easier for me to resist snacking. Other strategies I use to avoid mindless eating in general are to have something to drink, do something to keep busy, or go for a short walk.
  • momonthego42
    momonthego42 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestion - I 'm going to try doing that.