Looking for friends to keep me motivated!

Options
Hey, My names Danielle. I used this site a while back and went from 211 to about 180. I ended up picking bad habits up and gained 6 lbs and now I'm back on track. It seems like at this point i can't get past 178 and its really frustrating. I would just like to make some friends to keep each other motivated and to learn new things to eat and other tricks to losing weight you have found successful. Feel free to add me (:

starting: 211lbs
current:178-180lbs

Replies

• amus77488
    Options
    Hi! I know the feeling. I have been at 182 since July, really frustrated. So, I decided to try my fitness pal to track everything that goes in my mouth, plus exercise, weigh in is Friday for me, after 1 week. So I am hoping the scale moves......... I started out at 209, this month has been 1 year, so, I have kinda been stuck for awhile, hoping for some results for the both of us.
  • jennco3
    jennco3 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Im stuck in the same place. I will add you . :)
  • Hi! I know the feeling. I have been at 182 since July, really frustrated. So, I decided to try my fitness pal to track everything that goes in my mouth, plus exercise, weigh in is Friday for me, after 1 week. So I am hoping the scale moves......... I started out at 209, this month has been 1 year, so, I have kinda been stuck for awhile, hoping for some results for the both of us.

Just remember that the scale might move up a little at first because muscle weighs more than fat. But that will be a good sign, it means changes are happening!
  • danielleeliz_xo
    danielleeliz_xo Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it is very frustrating. Im at the gym 4-5 times a week and I feel like I'm not getting results. Cant give up though!
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Make your diary public.
  • danielleeliz_xo
    Options
    Awesome(:
  • Yeah, it is very frustrating. Im at the gym 4-5 times a week and I feel like I'm not getting results. Cant give up though!

No giving up allowed! Just get plenty of cardio at the gym and make sure you're logging all your food properly.

Patience is everything :)
  • danielleeliz_xo
    Options
    Make your diary public.

how do I do that?
  • LuckyTerrier
    LuckyTerrier Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've been here for several weeks so far. Haven't lost a ton of weight, but I'm not letting that stop me because I know that I look and feel so much better than before! It can be tough to keep going when you're not seeing results, but if you stick with it you can reach your goals.

I am sending you a request :) Anyone else can add me too.
  • monicamaz
    monicamaz Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi there! My name is Monica and I'm new to MFP.
    I'm also stuck at the same place, but I'm not giving up!

Let's be friends! :) (Anyone else can add me too!)
  • SamanthaFl1
    Options
    I just started yesterday, please feel free to add me... (Any one can... I like to meet new people. :) )
  • jayhoang
    Options
    Yeah, it is very frustrating. Im at the gym 4-5 times a week and I feel like I'm not getting results. Cant give up though!

Welcome!
    Have you tried a change in diet at all? Cutting the bad stuff out - pop, junk food. Replacing your cravings with snacks like almonds, a shake, fruit, or yogurt?

And what is your workout like on the 4-5 days a week? Purely cardio? Do you have days dedicated to certain parts?
  • beachblonde_22
    beachblonde_22 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi. Add me! My names Andrea and I just signed up two seconds ago. I need friends badly cause I just can not do this alone. Anyone/everyone add me too!
  • angelinabarnes
    Options
    me too..could be doing with some tips on cutting down my fat and carbs..and i hate water..how do i drink 8 glasses a day when i despise it xx
  • danielleeliz_xo
    Options

Welcome!
    Have you tried a change in diet at all? Cutting the bad stuff out - pop, junk food. Replacing your cravings with snacks like almonds, a shake, fruit, or yogurt?

And what is your workout like on the 4-5 days a week? Purely cardio? Do you have days dedicated to certain parts?

Yes, Ive completely stopped eating fast food and cut out soda. Ive also stopped eating pasta all the time. at the gym I usually do Zumba, kickboxing, pilates and the elliptical. I probably need to do some sort of weight training but pilates is killer on the abs and kickboxing does the same to my legs.