Going to boyfriends parent's house D:

CriStyl3z
CriStyl3z Posts: 5
edited September 20 in Success Stories
Ok so this evening I'm going to my boyfriends parent house and I'm so scared. Why? Because the last time I was there I went over my calories allowance by 450. I came home and inputted the information into my tracker on my ipod (because there was no internet connection at his parents house for my ipod to pick up) to see the damage I had done from a simple bowl of chilli, and I was blown away. I was so upset I did an hour long workout and I hadn't even fully digested my food yet..so I got really bad heartburn to the point of wanting to vomit (which I managed to keep down successfully)..and that was from just 1 bowl of chilli. It's so hard to track stuff when u don't have your little fitness pal saying "hey buddy don't think you should do that" especially when u don't even know what they put in the food. Ugh, I don't wanna offend them by not eating or seem all prissy having special request for dinner just for me :(....I'm gonna try so hard tonight so pray for me people lol. BTW this posted in the wrong topic forum and I can't change it..but if admin can..then sorry and thank you :D k bye

Replies

• Ohh, I am sorry. That must be some chili! Perhaps you can suggest slight changes to the recipe that will make it more healthful in the future? It's hard to walk the line and not offend. :(
    My only suggestion would be to take small portions of what they are serving for dinner, to try to mitigate the "damage."
    Good luck
  • Thanks for the advice. That's exactly what I was planning on doing :D but that day it was a choice between pizza or bowl of chilli I probably would have been better off with the one slice of pizza -_-
  • Remember that this is supposed to be a lifestyle change, that doesn't necessarily mean that you never go over calories or never splurge a little. Enjoy it and ultimately you control what you eat, so enjoy a small portion of a few things. That way you are still being polite, but can still enjoy yourself. Hopefully by doing this you will fall within or close to your calorie goal for the day.
  • ScarletTarah
    ScarletTarah Posts: 117 Member
    if your unsure of it then just eat alittle, 1 time every once in a while wont hurt you and if maybe you work out a bit more before you go and get yourself some extra calories that should cover you, and keep you guilt free, but i also think you should let them know what your doing incase you find yourself there a few more times a month then your prepared for, and offer to cook for them sometime so they can see what it is you do eat and it'll win points if they ever become the inlaws. Good luck tonight.
  • thanks kingnat....you're right I always get so scared about eating and that's not a good way to go about it. It's just I know me and I love me some food lol and I'm afraid if I mess up once I'm gonna say diet?! what diet?! But I proved myself wrong by not giving up and staying on track. thanks for your support.
  • mvl1014
    mvl1014 Posts: 531
    load up on salad before you go then eat a little bit and eat more healthy when you get home.
  • load up on salad before you go then eat a little bit and eat more healthy when you get home.

I HAVE TO AGREE WITH THIS. IF YOU EAT SOME SALAD 1ST YOU WILL FEEL MORE FULL BEFORE YOU GO AND HEAT A LITTLE LESS. ALSO THE JILLIAN MICHAELS FAT BURNER PILLS OR CALORIE CONTROL PILLS (ALL NATURAL - NO CHEMICALS) REAALLLYYY HELP. TAKE ON YOUR WAY OVER THERE WITH A FULL BOTTLE OF H20 AND IT WONT MATTER WHAT THEY SERVE JUST KEEP IT UNDER 1 CUP AND YOU WILL BE OKIE DOKIE.

OR....

HAVE A TALK WITH HIS MOM, TELL HER YOU ARE TRYING TO LOSE WEIGHT TO LOOK GOOD FOR HER SON AND SEE IF SHE WOULD BE OPEN TO SERVING SALAD WITH THE CHILI/PIZZA/ETC. OR OFFER TO BRING A SALAD AS A SIDE DISH FOR THE EVENING. OR A VEGGIE TRAY OR A FRUIT BOWL.

I HAVE THIS SAME PROBLEM WITH MY DEEP SOUTH, GALLONS OF SWEET TEA AND BUTTERY BUISCUITS IN-LAWS!
  • all this advice is very helpful and is giving me some added confidence...thanks so much guys
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!