This is really hard!

Options
I'm trying to cut soda out of my diet, but i'm sitting here, my child won't quit crying, i've been up all night, and I just want to cave and grab a soda from the fridge!

Replies

• hollyvh88
    Options
    Its ok to have them once in a while. Just don't drink them all the time. So if you're needing it now, go for it. Just do better tomorrow :)
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    The mind can be your worst enemy on things like this. The first thing that most people need to learn is how to tell that voice in their head to shut the **** up. :)
  • Denise_Valentine
    Denise_Valentine Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    your doing really good! it's ok to have one once in a while. my mom quit drinking rum as well as pop and she lost like 10lbs in the first week. she substituted it for a citrus iced tea slushie and she said it helped with the sugar cravings.
  • crystalbluewolf13
    crystalbluewolf13 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    dont cut it out all at once especially if you drink it a lot. its a bit like trying to give up chocolate or smoking. best way is reducing it day by day. like if your used to 5 glasses have 5, 4 so on...
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    If it's your "moment to relax" have 1 a day and just fit the calories in there.

You don't need to be a saint to be in shape.
  • MariaLivingFit
    MariaLivingFit Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Have you tried not keeping them in the fridge? It would take a lot more effort to go out and buy one every time the craving hit, and you would be less likely to have any.
  • DixieStarr76
    Options
    I gave them up completely two years ago this month. You'd be amazed at how they bloat you. Besides, it they clean corrosion off of a battery terminal, what do you think they do to your insides? I just imagined that and never wanted another. Good luck, hon...
  • buglet55
    buglet55 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    every time you want a soda, instead of think about how tasty it would be think about how clean it would make your dirty grout. (if your grout is dirty)
  • seebs079
    seebs079 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    At risk of opening up the 'Aspartame is evil' debate, I've found that Crystal Light has completely removed my cravings for soda pop or other sugary drinks. And it's only 10 calories for 2 cups of "juice"!