College Weight Loss

Options
Hey guys!

I'm a freshman in college. I go work out, but I have a really hard time with my snacking. It's killing all the calories that I burn. Any suggestions?

Replies

• DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Don't snack so much.
  • JessyJ03
    JessyJ03 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Don't snack so much.

Easy game.
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Easy game.

Would love to help more. But... seriously... all we get is "I snack too much". That solution is simple. More information is needed to adequately prescribe a course of action.

It's like "It hurts my eyes to stare into the sun" ... solution: "Don't stare into the sun".

Snacking is a CHOICE. You voluntarily do it. It is an action you are in 100% control of. =/
  • JessyJ03
    JessyJ03 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Well without more info the solution is either quit snacking so much or starting exercising more to make up for what you are snacking. I think it's a better idea to work on your over eating with snacking then to try and overcompensate with exercise. Weight loss starts with diet... always.
  • Johnny90a
    Options
    If you are looking for a good weight loss product you can check this review. http://cptreview.com/health/the-fat-loss-factor-review/
  • littlehummingbird
    Options
    Sorry about the vagueness. It's like I feel the need to snack all the time. I don't know why, but it's very difficult, especially when studying, not to reach for the graham crackers or the popcorn. It's like if it's in reach, then it's going to be consumed.
  • Shay_in_shape
    Shay_in_shape Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm a freshmen in college too and I don't plan on gaining the freshmen 15! Lol

Just try to stay busy with friends school work or just something fun. If that doesn't work pick up healthy things to snack on. Like almonds instead of chips. Or an apple instead of apple pie! That will help a lot!
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    If you can't control it with will power then study somewhere where there is no food or remove the food from where you study. I used to think life was so busy while I was in college, but the reality is that you actually have a ton of time to workout and the cafeteria probably has food that is pretty decent.
  • saahy1
    saahy1 Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm a full-time student as well. I found that doing all my work in the library, where there is no food allowed, has helped cut back on calories tremendously. To the extent that I'm struggling to eat 1300 calories by the end of the day. Once I'm settled in to my desk in the library, having to leave is a nuisance.
  • GomesDavid
    Options
    Hey guys!

I'm a freshman in college. I go work out, but I have a really hard time with my snacking. It's killing all the calories that I burn. Any suggestions?

The danger in snacking is that it can add extra calories to your day. By unconsciously adding 100 calories per day beyond the calories you burn can make you gain 10 pounds in a year.

Snacking should mirror your over all diet philosophy of moderation (yep, my favorite concept).

If you find yourself too hungry, when you are reaching for a snack, you might end up reaching for something loaded with calories. So plan your snacks ahead of time.
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Ahhh college, those were the days.... the days I gained the freshman 15, that is.
    I understand your need for snacking while studying, a lot of students are like that. Your best bet is to keep all snacks out of sight and locked up if possible, lol. I actually ended up switching to coffee or tea when I was studying. Coffee gave me something to consume and suppressed my appetite so I wouldn't be hungry to snack. This could work for any drink though, water is probably the better option.
  • MaigreKacie
    MaigreKacie Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm a junior in college.

If you're snacking out of boredom you could chew gum while you study or drink tea. And adding protein and fiber to your diet might curb the munchies by making you feel satisfied and full. You might also want to cut back on unhealthy snacks by simply not buying them. It's easier to avoid them if you have to drive to the store.