Don't tell me you haven't done this

Options
BeingAwesome247
BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
I ask this out of curiosity....why do we naturally assume someone is insecure or an *kitten*-hole because they find humor in something that is not politically correct

ie: fat jokes, the Hitler+McDonalds picture floating around, your mama jokes, the bearded fat lady....ppl of walmart

Replies

• Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    Some would say my sense of humor is sick and demented, I would say it's awesome. No big deal really, just difference of opinions.
  • HellsKells
    HellsKells Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I think people of walmart is hilarious....I'm not ashamed about that at all. I never assumed anyone else was an *kitten* for finding it funny. Maybe that makes me an *kitten*?
  • tmanfromtexas
    tmanfromtexas Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    I ask this out of curiosity....why do we naturally assume someone is insecure or an *kitten*-hole because they find humor in something that is not politically correct

ie: fat jokes, the Hitler+McDonalds picture floating around, your mama jokes, the bearded fat lady....ppl of walmart

I hate PC and for one, I dont allow it to rule me. PC is killing this country and for the ones that dont like the non PC jokes, f uck em.
  • RedBullLiz
    RedBullLiz Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Was this because of the hitler + McDonald picture earlier??

LOL!!

Maybe we're so quick to judge because we're carefree (in a good way).
    While the other person isn't in a "happy" mood.
    Ehh. It's mixed emotions.
  • BeingAwesome247
    Options
    Was this because of the hitler + McDonald picture earlier??

LOL!!

Maybe we're so quick to judge because we're carefree (in a good way).
    While the other person isn't in a "happy" mood.
    Ehh. It's mixed emotions.

Yes...only b/c I saw several comments about people making jokes b/c they are insecure....
    I just don't think that's the case usually....I think it's b/c it makes them laugh
  • Shelbert79
    Shelbert79 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Some would say my sense of humor is sick and demented, I would say it's awesome. No big deal really, just difference of opinions.

This!
  • ErB56
    ErB56 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Almost all humor has the potential of offending someone. Think of any joke you know and there will be a demographic that could take offense to it. Having a really twisted sense of humor myself, I find more things funny than most people I know, so I am probalby not the best person around to judge on this issue!
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options

It is a way for people to make themselves feel better about themselves because they think or feel differently about a subject or scenario than others do.
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options

YOU DON'T KNOW ME! DON'T YOU ACT LIKE YOU KNOW ME!
  • dumbbanana
    Options
    Nope, I've never done that.
  • BeingAwesome247
    Options

I hate PC and for one, I dont allow it to rule me. PC is killing this country and for the ones that dont like the non PC jokes, f uck em.

:laugh: :laugh:
    totally giggled about this comment

Only my very close friends really know what a shallow b!tch I am.... I mean SWEETHEART :heart:
  • Mini_Medic
    Mini_Medic Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    People are unhappy when non PC jokes are made if they offend them, but don't really care if they offend others but not themselves.

Just remember...

There is always some truth in every joke. Otherwise it would not be funny to anyone.

But I completely agree, it's ridiculous and people should lighten up and get thicker skin.
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I think you ARE an a-hole if you, knowing that someone in the room finds something horribly offensive, continue to crack the joke and rub it in their face. For me, it's not so much about what you find funny; it's about how far you go in knowingly disregarding other people's sensitivities.

The problem is defining "the room" in "someone in the room." In real life, it's relatively easy. On the internet? It gets trickier...
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I don't think someone is an *kitten* hole or insecure if they find humor in things like that because, well, it's funny (although I really did fail to see the humor in the Hitler/McDonalds post. I just didn't get it).

Like someone else posted most jokes that are told now days are not PC and do target a specific audience/gender/etc. and people will get offended because that's just how people are.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    This pretty much sums me up in a nutshell...

picture-power-sense-of-humor-10-1-11.jpeg
  • BeingAwesome247
    Options

It is a way for people to make themselves feel better about themselves because they think or feel differently about a subject or scenario than others do.

But are they really trying to make themselves feel better??

What if they just find it funny....
  • BeingAwesome247
    Options
    This pretty much sums me up in a nutshell...

picture-power-sense-of-humor-10-1-11.jpeg

We speak the same language....:love:
  • bfredericks
    bfredericks Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    People are just overly sensitive these days. No one can take any sort of joke or comment. Just the other day at work I made a comment [and I have a morbid sense of humor] and heard nothing but a large gasp from my co-workers. I thought it was funny and I still laugh about it. Oh well. The people I'm around have butts are so tight you couldn't pull a needle out of their *kitten* with a tractor and they are showing no signs of lightening up anytime soon so they'll just have to deal...because the day I filter myself for acceptance is the day I'm in the ground.
  • 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    Options
    Working in healthcare it's kind of a prerequisite to have a sick and demented sense of humor................I fit in perfectly:)
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Working in healthcare it's kind of a prerequisite to have a sick and demented sense of humor................I fit in perfectly:)

same here, after three years working mental health, I have one warped sense of humor!