Don't tell me you haven't done this

Options

Replies

• k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Meh... I think people need to put their big girl panties on... and perhaps lighten up a bit. There are some things that offend me and I will say so, but I'm not going to get all butt hurt if someone else finds it funny... I will just shake my head and move on.... but then, I also don't offend easily...
  • Countryboy_
    Options
    I like dead baby jokes, what of it?
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    I ask this out of curiosity....why do we naturally assume someone is insecure or an *kitten*-hole because they find humor in something that is not politically correct

It is a way for people to make themselves feel better about themselves because they think or feel differently about a subject or scenario than others do.

But are they really trying to make themselves feel better??

What if they just find it funny....

I think you misunderstood who I was referencing.
  • bfredericks
    bfredericks Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Working in healthcare it's kind of a prerequisite to have a sick and demented sense of humor................I fit in perfectly:)

I worked in health care for almost 13 years. It totally is a prerequisite to be able to laugh at almost anything.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    I like dead baby jokes, what of it?

I like jokes. Subject matter does not concern me.
  • TXGirl821
    TXGirl821 Posts: 115
    Options
    If it's inappropriate, there's a good chance I'm rolling around on the floor laughing at it. That's kind of WHY it's funny to me. Not EVERYTHING is funny, but a lot of things are!
  • ekz13
    ekz13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    society has become a bunch of whiney, overly pc, can't have an opinion that might hurt someones feelings bunch of people.

and humor is situational, jokes are funny... just depends on where you and who you tell it too.. know your audience.
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Working in healthcare it's kind of a prerequisite to have a sick and demented sense of humor................I fit in perfectly:)

same here, after three years working mental health, I have one warped sense of humor!

I don't work health care but almost 10years customer srvc jobs....I HAVE to be PC on the job... haha that's why I'm so damn good at my job. However growin up in the family that makes the crudest jokes, I have developed a similar sense of humor

One time on the job though, I had a VERY unhappy customer I was trying to help....she's getting frustrating and it was understandable and she says, "damnit cracka fix it and fix now!"
    Without missing a beat I responded, "Ma'am I prefer white chocolate thank you very much and I am trying to fix it but you bellowing at me isn't going to help"
  • Countryboy_
    Options
    How do you get 10 dead babies into a 5 gallon Bucket?

Food Processor

How do you get them back out again:?

Tostitos chips.
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I ask this out of curiosity....why do we naturally assume someone is insecure or an *kitten*-hole because they find humor in something that is not politically correct

It is a way for people to make themselves feel better about themselves because they think or feel differently about a subject or scenario than others do.

But are they really trying to make themselves feel better??

What if they just find it funny....

I think you misunderstood who I was referencing.

Little slow to the draw apparently lol I got it now!
  • Countryboy_
    Options
    Q: How do you make a dead baby float?
    A: One glass of Root Beer and two scoops of baby.
    (If on a diet use only one scoop)
  • bfredericks
    bfredericks Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Q: How do you make a dead baby float?
    A: One glass of Root Beer and two scoops of baby.
    (If on a diet use only one scoop)

The first time I heard that joke it was from Lemmy of Motorhead and I laughed my *kitten* off.
  • Mios3
    Mios3 Posts: 530 Member
    Options

same here, after three years working mental health, I have one warped sense of humor!

I don't work health care but almost 10years customer srvc jobs....I HAVE to be PC on the job... haha that's why I'm so damn good at my job. However growin up in the family that makes the crudest jokes, I have developed a similar sense of humor

One time on the job though, I had a VERY unhappy customer I was trying to help....she's getting frustrating and it was understandable and she says, "damnit cracka fix it and fix now!"
    Without missing a beat I responded, "Ma'am I prefer white chocolate thank you very much and I am trying to fix it but you bellowing at me isn't going to help"

Lmfao! How did you respond like that and not laugh?

There have been sooo many times I have to catch myself and sometimes even mute the phone. Thank god I don't have to talk face to face with the patients!
  • Countryboy_
    Options
    Q: What has 4 legs and one arm?
    A: A Pitt Bull on a children's playground!
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options

Alright, you've crossed the line on this one! What do you have against Pit Bulls anyways??
  • Countryboy_
    Options

Alright, you've crossed the line on this one! What do you have against Pit Bulls anyways??

I was mauled to death by a pit bull when I was a kid.
  • Countryboy_
    Options
    Q: What is worse than 10 dead babies in a garbage can?
    A: One dead baby in a ten garbage cans.
  • makemewannadie
    makemewannadie Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I'm all for un-pc jokes unless there's one made that touches a nerve... I guess that's why a lot of people don't like jokes on certain topics.
  • RunnerBlonde808
    RunnerBlonde808 Posts: 257 Member
    Options

Oh I'll have to agree with this. In healthcare we kind of have to be demented to put up with the **** from our co-workers (ie: docs that think they are GOD!).
  • RunnerBlonde808
    RunnerBlonde808 Posts: 257 Member
    Options

Oh I'll have to agree with this. In healthcare we kind of have to be demented to put up with the **** from our co-workers (ie: docs that think they are GOD!).

Seriously it censors *kitten*!!