that time of the month...

Options
I need to workout today, but I'm just not feeling it. I feel so disgusting and crampy :grumble: What do you do to get through the workout at this time?

Replies

• Elle408
    Elle408 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Just get dressed into sports clothes and do it! The first couple of minutes are awful, but then as you get into it the crampy, bloated feeling goes and then I feel really good because on a day when I'm usually hibernating I'm being active!

Seriously, don't over think it. I always allow myself to go slower or a bit less lighter on the weights, and then always end up going full at it once I get started!
  • StrongAtLast
    StrongAtLast Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    yes, I go slower, or I do something "less"..i.e. if i don't have the strength for a full blown workout..i do 'easy' riding on the exercise bike. Or tell yourself, you'll work out for 10 minutes and if you still feel like crap, then you can guilt-free, not workout for the day. 9/10 I feel better and continue the workout. On that 10th time, I figure my body is telling me something, and I rest.
  • linbee83
    linbee83 Posts: 144
    Options
    I was feeling the same way this morning. But I got up, and I did it, because I know I'll regret if I don't. I didn't push as hard, and gave myself some rests, but I did it. Now I feel better, no bloating, and I might even be able to control the cravings today! You won't regret it!
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    Just go do it. Auntie came to visit me today as well and I'll be getting my butt to the gym in about 45 mins now. I always feel better afterwards so there is no excuse not to go. Don't give yourself an excuse... you'll find more and more along the way until you just stop altogether
  • skinnynerd
    Options
    Just do it!
  • AliciaT2011
    Options
    Do something less strenuous than normal, you'll be glad you did.
  • nashai01
    nashai01 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I force myself to workout during this time because I always put on an extra 2 pounds every month. The next week its gone. Strange lol...but working out always makes me feel so much better aftewards
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Just do it even if it's not as intense as you would normally do. You'll end up feeling better and it might help the cramps.
  • NakedLunchTime
    Options
    Just get dressed into sports clothes and do it! The first couple of minutes are awful, but then as you get into it the crampy, bloated feeling goes and then I feel really good because on a day when I'm usually hibernating I'm being active!

Seriously, don't over think it. I always allow myself to go slower or a bit less lighter on the weights, and then always end up going full at it once I get started!

Yup! It sucks at first, but makes me feel better!