Homemade pizza for one

Options
Hi. I LOVE pizza, but am no longer allowed to eat frozen pizzas (or restaurant of course), and am having a hard time finding a good recipe for a homemade pizza...here's the catch...I only want to make one portion at a time. Wondering if anyone has any good recipes on an english muffin perhaps, or really anything else that will allow me to just make one serving instead of a whole pizza. Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Replies

• BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I just take a greek pita, add pizza sauce, pasta sauce or salsa and some cheese. You can take it further and add ground turkey or beef, veggies, etc.
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    You can use a pita, english muffins, tortillas, heck, even a piece of bread (when I was little i used to tear up bread into a bowl, ladel some sauce over it, and then add cheeses). Then just pour some sauce over it and add the cheese. Bake until the cheese melts at around 350-400 degrees.

I have recipes for pizza dough but they're honestly not so healthy :)
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    English muffin, pizza sauce, a little cheese (one time a ran a babybel lite through a grater, and it won't bad). Maybe some turkey pepperoni if you got it.

I nuke 'em for a minute to warm it all up, then 3 or 4 minutes under the broiler and you're there. MMMmmmmmmmm...
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    I used to make small, individual pizzas using Grands biscuits (or similar). Add any toppings you'd like and viola...pizza for one. I haven't had them in years so I'm not sure what the calorie counts look like, but I'm planning on making them this weekend. Kids also love them!
  • Brenna
    Brenna Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I am soooo glad you asked! I made this last night for me and my fiance and we just loved it!!!! Its very versatile and I'm thinking you can do all sorts of veggies and variations. It comes highly recommended and it's very easy!!

http://www.hungry-girl.com/week/weeklydetails.php?isid=1991

The Great Greek Pizza

PER SERVING (entire recipe): 277 calories, 4.75g fat, 990mg sodium, 38g carbs, 8.5g fiber, 4.5g sugars, 19g protein -- POINTS® value 5*

How have we NOT made a pizza on a pita yet?! Don't worry, we're making it up to you now...

Ingredients:
    1/2 cup chopped spinach, thawed from frozen, squeezed dry
    2 tbsp. crumbled fat-free feta cheese
    1/2 tsp. crushed garlic
    1 stick light string cheese
    1 whole-wheat or high-fiber pita
    3 tbsp. canned crushed tomatoes
    2 thin slices red onion, rings separated and halved
    1 tbsp. sliced black olives
    4 slices plum tomato
    Dash dried oregano or 1/4 tsp. fresh oregano
    Optional: salt and black pepper

Directions:
    Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

In a medium bowl, combine spinach, feta cheese, and garlic. Mix well and set aside.

Break string cheese into thirds and place in a food processor or blender -- blend at high speed until cheese takes on a shredded or grated consistency. (Or just tear string cheese into pieces and roughly chop.) Set aside.

Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray, and lay pita in center. Spread crushed tomatoes over the pita, leaving a 1/2-inch border around the edge. Evenly top with spinach-feta mixture, and then cover with shredded/grated string cheese.

Place onion, olive, and tomato slices on top of your "pizza," and sprinkle with oregano.

Bake in the oven for 8 - 10 minutes, until pizza is hot and string cheese has melted.

If you like, season to taste with salt and pepper. Cut into wedges, and enjoy!

MAKES 1 SERVING
  • Jerzeebabie04
    Options
    I love making pizza on a whole wheat pita! It tastes sooo good. You could even stuff veggies inside then top it with sauce and cheese!
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    You can buy a bag of pizza dough at Wal-Mart in the deli section. It comes in wheat. I just section it out (4 servings per bag) and then put toppings on it and cook it according to the directions on the back. Easy and tasty!
  • IUChelle423
    Options
    My husband and I like pizza biscuits. Take a biscuit (last time we used Grands Flaky but we've used other kinds), roll it out to make it thinner/larger and add toppings. I like to make BBQ chicken or veggie, DH likes pepperoni. Then bake in the oven around 350 degrees - can't remember how long, so keep an eye the first time.
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    I like using soft tortillas - the one's I have are burrito sized, have 5 g fiber and 170 calories. I top them with all kinds of veggies, either turkey pepperoni or some browned extra lean ground beef and minimal (lowfat) mozzarella cheese & a bit of parmesan - usually under 300 calories for everything and very healthy!
  • dposella
    Options
    I have used something called Tandoori Naan or Flat Outs. They look almost like a tortilla but a bit thicker and just enough for one serving. They are both really good and really thin and crispy. I love white pizza so I usually spray some pam, garlic salt, then top with cubed cooked chicken breast, some soft goat cheese, and olives.....sooo good! But you can really top them with just about anything you like! I have also tried the boboli mini whole wheat crusts which are not bad either. I just prefer thin and crispy. Good Luck!
  • blondie76
    blondie76 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    bump to read recipes and ideas later

thanks everyone!