Is it just me....

Options
MercuryBlue
MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
...Or are people really b*tchy, whiny, cranky, grumpy and mean lately?

Are those resolutions wearing off already? WHERE IS THE LOVE?!?!?!?!

I swear I've seen more petty bickering on MFP in the past week than I have in the entire rest of the time I've been here. It's kinda weird, reminds me of being at home. :p

*showers everyone with rainbows*

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    *catches some rainbows* Om Nom Nom. :D
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I agree. It seems it doesn't matter what a person posts, they're getting flamed to heck.

*dances around in the rainbow showers*
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    thanks for the rainbows. I needed them. :flowerforyou:
  • abbie38
    abbie38 Posts: 128
    Options
    Awwww I like this thread :)
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking about that the other day. I only look at what my friends post now because I was a little turned off by some things that were said. I am not here to judge people, I assumed the same of others so I felt safe posting how I felt before. Now I try to mostly just read and keep it to myself unless I "know" the person or have at least seen them post a few times before.

:cry: Dumb people want to be skinny also! (In regard to the post I am talking about, lol)

:flowerforyou: Good post!
  • dmags
    dmags Posts: 303
    Options
    I agree. I have actually thougt about posting something and did not do it because I was afraid of what the critics would say! Thanks for being positive.
  • anotheryrolder
    Options
    never mind... testing something
  • EmilyStrick
    Options
    i always try to tell myself to have sympathy for mean people...something bad must be happening in their life to make them be mean. they need some of your rainbow showers!!! :heart:
  • acureese
    acureese Posts: 169
    Options
    yay happy friendly people! :flowerforyou: :happy:
  • NykkieC
    NykkieC Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I agree...thanks for the rainbows!! :drinker:

Edited to say maybe we need to start a "Happy People" thread!
  • catherine1979
    catherine1979 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I blame the time of year. New Years Resolutions are starting to wear off and people are getting frustrated...
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    I joined around this time last year and have been on and off throughout that time (more off lately than on) - I think a lot of times what happens on websites like this is that many new people join in January and February because they've made their New Years resolutions. People who have been around for awhile answer all the "newbie" questions... over and over and over again and at some point - they snap. I don't know what thread specifically you're talking about... so obviously, I can't comment on it particularly. But the other thing that tends to be frustrating is when someone joins a website like this... and then every post that they write is negative. We all hit our plateaus and our rough spots - but you can't come on here constantly wanting a boost - sometimes you have to be the booster! LOL

Things will calm down as soon as the weather breaks.
  • tansyf
    tansyf Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    OMG, I'm not like that at all nor are any of my friends, I am loving life and life is far far too short for any crap, really, positive positive positve...................all the way :-) xxxxxx
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Maybe i don't read enough posts, but i've never seen anyone be mean here. Other than towards the girl this morning who didn't think older women should be wearing bikinis.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I think the majority of people are on here for the right reasons and are careful about not offending anyone. There are those that might be a bit more honest and end up being thought of in a negative way as a result. I try to keep in mind that SOME things can be taken out of context on a message board like this. Unfortunately, we can't hear a tone of voice or know exactly how someone meant something.

That being said, there are some topics that are better left off a website that is supposed to be about living a healthy lifestyle. This section..the chit chat, fun and games is one thing..but some people do post things on some of the other sections that aren't necessary.
  • ractayjon
    Options
    I agree. I have actually thougt about posting something and did not do it because I was afraid of what the critics would say! Thanks for being positive.

Me too.
    Ive taken to "skimming" a lot.
    ~~~~love~~~~ can you feel it?
  • cds2327
    cds2327 Posts: 439
    Options
    YES!!!
    and most people don't seem to understand what the forum headings are for!! (these people also happen to be the cranky ones I've noticed)
  • melanieann48111
    Options
    YES.

That's why I find the proper people to hang with on here.

I can be b!tchy with them and they just make me laugh. *shrug*
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    rainbows are edible? lol

yeah I dont know, I think I've been more sensative lately to peoples comments. taking offense to them I mean.

I find nothing on this thread to be offended about though :):)

oh! I have a positve for all happy people:
    did you know that one peep has only 32 calories? that means for my 100 calorie afternoon snack i can eat THREE of them!!!! also, did you know that chocolate covered peeps now exist??? and that its only 110 calories for one?????? I tried the milk chocolate and wasnt too impressed so now I'm on the hunt for the dark chocolate one. I'm sure it will be a peeps nervana in my mouth :)

and now I will leave you the ultimate blessing of happyness: peeps Jesus http://www.galorebot.com/art/jesusofpeeps/jesus_of_peeps.htm