30DS what weights?

Options
2»

Replies

• beelikethebug
    beelikethebug Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm using 3-lb. weights right now (I'm on Day 2), but I plan to increase to 5-lb. weights when I get to Level 2.
  • nikteazer2
    nikteazer2 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am using a cordless drill and a caulking gun with a nearly full tube of caulk. :laugh:

The drill is just over 5 pounds and the caulking gun is just under, so I switch them back and forth between sets. I started off with peanut butter jars, then went for canned goods, but those are way too light for me.

Genius!! Might have to raid my work van for heavy tools!! ::bigsmile:
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    I am using a cordless drill and a caulking gun with a nearly full tube of caulk. :laugh:

The drill is just over 5 pounds and the caulking gun is just under, so I switch them back and forth between sets. I started off with peanut butter jars, then went for canned goods, but those are way too light for me.

Genius!! Might have to raid my work van for heavy tools!! ::bigsmile:

:laugh:
  • MariahHubert
    MariahHubert Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I bought some 5lb weights at my local thrift store, and damn it was hard to use them at first. I would definitely recommend some smaller weights like 3 lbs but its nice to have the 5lbs for when you feel like an extra challenge.
  • margrobins
    margrobins Posts: 98 Member
    Options

^^^THIS just totally made my day! I was pretty resourceful before I got my dumbbells, but this totally blows my creativity out of the water ... Love it! LOL!
  • BOLO4Hagtha
    BOLO4Hagtha Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I use bottles of laundry detergent :) They're like 5 lbs each.

This! And if you keep your empty bottles, you can fill them up with sand (one sack is $5 at Home Depot) as you progress to make them heavier!
  • lenniebus
    lenniebus Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I use 5lb weights...I started with 2lbs, but I just find the 5lbs better :). I got them at Play Again Sports for not a lot of money :)
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I use 5kg. I'm on level 2 day 2
  • DesireeLovesOrganic
    DesireeLovesOrganic Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I use 5. The first few days my arms were killing though. Haha
  • jessjphillips
    jessjphillips Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Wow! Everyone here is so strong!! When I first did the shred I used 1.5kg (3.3lb) weights and now I'm using 2kg (4.4lb). I am finding a lot of the exercises really tough with 2kg and there are some which are much easier. Someone else said, and I agree, it's a good idea to have a couple of different weights to choose from so you can choose one that is suitable for the exercise. For example you'll probably be able to use heavier weights for the chest flies than the side lunges with anterior raises.
  • loliblullama
    loliblullama Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 3 of Level 3, and I have been using 1.5kg weights. I think I'm going to buy some heavier ones for next time though but at the very beginning I started with 1lb weights!
  • myfitnesslife75
    myfitnesslife75 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I use 5 lbs. When I first started, I used 3lbs.
  • nikteazer2
    Options
    Awesome, thanks for your replies...today I am picking up my new dumbell tree which consists of weights from 2.2 lbs up to just under 10lbs!!! You have inspired me to increase as soon as I can!! :bigsmile:
  • nikteazer2
    Options
    Someone else said, and I agree, it's a good idea to have a couple of different weights to choose from so you can choose one that is suitable for the exercise. For example you'll probably be able to use heavier weights for the chest flies than the side lunges with anterior raises.

Yes, totally agree too, why I have ordered a set of various sizes, I find chest flies way to easy atm!!
  • nikteazer2
    Options
    I use 5kg. I'm on level 2 day 2

Wow!!
  • nikteazer2
    Options
    I use 4kg weights..not sure what that is in pounds?

Nice! That's almost 9 lbs :smile:

Thanks, it IS hard though but been doing it a while..the front ones kill but I like feeling dead at the end of itb:laugh:

Ha ha!! I so know that feeling!! That's why I want bigger weights! :bigsmile:
  • diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness! I feel like a total wimp!

I'm on day 2 level 1 and I got some 1kg hand weight from Argos for about £6. They are fine for me, I can really feel it in my upper arms!

Love the creativity of you wonderful ladies, and your determination too! You all rock!

I'm going to go back to my baby weight now, close the curtains and do a bit more! Thanks for motivating me!!!

xxx
  • Lyra89
    Lyra89 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I'm coming close to the end and I used 5lb weights all the way through! I LOVE the 30dayshred, it has made such a change to my body...I don't even do it every day! I do it about three or four times per week + run on alternating days :smile:
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I'm using 2.5's and 8's. On some circuits, I'll use 8 on the first set and then if I find my form failing, I'll move to 2.5 on the second. I need to get some 5's, but everytime I go to the store, they seem to be out. I have problems with form on the stationary lunges so i use the light weights, but I was using 20 free weights in the gym before. So now after I'm all done, I do some more heavier bicep curls on their own.
  • painauxraisin
    painauxraisin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I use 3 kilo weights. Can't quite get them up to my eyes though with those side lunges! :blushing: