I am new and need support

Options
I quit drugs & alcohol on January 6th, 2012 and since then I've been filling the void with food. I've been on weight watchers for 3 months and managed to gain 3 lbs ::rolls eyes:: so I recently quit that and found this site. I've been fairly good for a week but know I could improve a lot. Any suggestions would be helpful. I might not take them all but I'm open to anything at this point. I know how to loose quickly then gain it all back, done that my whole life. It's loosing it at a healthy rate and keeping it off that I struggle with, I'm impatient. I want what I want and I want it NOW. I understand where that old thinking got me and want to make some changes. One thing I can say is that since I started on the healthier kick 3 months ago I feel a whole lot better and I've replaced a lot of fat with muscle. Maybe I know what to do, I just need to do it ... NIKE... God of Victory :wink:

:heart:

Replies

• lhatt83
    lhatt83 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You should change your diary settings to track sugar intake. When I wasn't losing weight and started looking at sugar in my diet, I was SHOCKED! I cut back a lot and have been slowly and steadily dropping the pounds. Might be a good place to start making small changes.
  • castell5
    castell5 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on quitting drugs and alcohol! Good choice! I quit drinking August of 93, cause I got so drunk, when I called my brother to come pick me up, I got into the wrong car. Same make, model, etc, but totally different color and what's worse I put my drunk friend in the back seat. We got out safe but that night I said "that's it, I don't need this, I am too old for this" I was 29. Alcohol is not a part of my life or the fat on my legs, and it never will be again. Good for you! TRAVEL! Now there is happiness! Go see and do wonderful things! Hop on a plane whenever you can.
  • sassybanana
    sassybanana Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Congradulations on quiting drugs and alochol! You can do this! We all can with the help of encouragement from each other. :) I too just started and am looking for new buddies to help me throught this journey! :)
  • cre8ive1010
    Options
    wow, nice tip on the sugar intake. I did it and now I AM in shock !!!! time to make some adjustments. Thanks!!!