Always Tired

Options
i am on Week 3 of Turbo Fire, i have been eating healthy, i have been getting at least 7 hours of sleep a night, and yet i am still tired all the time. anyone have any idea as to why this might be? i do not have any medical issues that would be causeing this either. went to the DR not long ago....

Replies

• drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    How much are you eating on average per day
  • mommyskis
    mommyskis Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    This just happend to me on turbo fire too! I am now on week 6 and feel better. Are you taking a multivitamin? That helps me a lot - the iron especially. Did you make a major diet change? It could be you are adjusting to 2 big changes - intense exercies and a big diet shift??
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you might not be eating enough to fuel your new workout routine. How many calories are you eating?
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Open diary?
    I think it could be that your body needs more fuel (food) or the food you are eating is not nutritious enough?!?!
  • spoppe
    spoppe Posts: 11
    Options
    im eating about 1200 cals a day, Per what MFP calculated for me. I havent made any Major diet changes, ive been eating well for a while before i started Turbo Fire.
  • diannethegeek
    Options
    im eating about 1200 cals a day, Per what MFP calculated for me. I havent made any Major diet changes, ive been eating well for a while before i started Turbo Fire.

Are you logging your exercise and eating the extra calories you earn? If not, that's going to make a world of difference to your energy levels.
  • spoppe
    Options

Are you logging your exercise and eating the extra calories you earn? If not, that's going to make a world of difference to your energy levels.

im logging everything, and i do not eat it all back as i am trying to lose weight
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options

im logging everything, and i do not eat it all back as i am trying to lose weight

MFP already creates a deficit by giving you the 1200 calories allotted. If you exercise above and beyond that, you need to eat it back, otherwise, you're not getting near enough fuel for your body.
  • jealous_loser
    Options

Then you are probably going to be tired. Try eating around half of your earned calories back for a while and see if you perk back up.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options

eat more
  • diannethegeek
    Options

MFP creates a caloric deficit for you assuming that you won't do any exercise, even if you tell it that you plan to. When you exercise you make that deficit bigger, and if you're tired it's likely larger than your body can handle. Try eating back some or all of your earned calories. You should still lose weight if you NET 1200 calories (as MFP wants you to) and you should start to feel less tired.
  • spoppe
    Options

humm, ill give that a try and see, cause im losing the way im going now, not a whole lot, but its coming off, ill try that and see if it helps. Thank you!

MFP already creates a deficit by giving you the 1200 calories allotted. If you exercise above and beyond that, you need to eat it back, otherwise, you're not getting near enough fuel for your body.
  • spoppe
    Options
    Thanks all i will give it a try!
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    i am on Week 3 of Turbo Fire, i have been eating healthy, i have been getting at least 7 hours of sleep a night, and yet i am still tired all the time. anyone have any idea as to why this might be? i do not have any medical issues that would be causeing this either. went to the DR not long ago....

Yep not eating enough. 1200 is barely enough to fuel your body and regular daily activities let alone all that exercise. Eat more or stop the intense workout. You are not making your body healthier by abusing it. All that "healthy" food is not gonna do a darn thing if you are malnourished and start cannibalizing lean body mass and damaging vital body functions.
  • scosway
    Options
    I would try a multivitamin as another suggested. However it might not be diet or exercise related at all. Do you get up relatively early in the morning? Like it's still dark out? I find that this time of year the few weeks before we fall back I am uncharacteristically tired and then we fall back and I start to feel better, or maybe I get used to it. I just know this time of year is always hard for me, sometimes it seems like it doesn't matter how much sleep I get. Our ability to feel awake sometimes relies heavily on our exposure to light. Just another thing to think about.
  • spoppe
    Options
    I would try a multivitamin as another suggested. However it might not be diet or exercise related at all. Do you get up relatively early in the morning? Like it's still dark out? I find that this time of year the few weeks before we fall back I am uncharacteristically tired and then we fall back and I start to feel better, or maybe I get used to it. I just know this time of year is always hard for me, sometimes it seems like it doesn't matter how much sleep I get. Our ability to feel awake sometimes relies heavily on our exposure to light. Just another thing to think about.

ill try taking a vitamin, i just scheduled an apt for the Dr next week, just to double check that all is ok, when i started this 3 weeks ago i did not feel like this. and i was doing everything the same. i plan on talking to her as well about my caloric intake and working out too. thanks all for your help!
  • tattedchic
    tattedchic Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I used to always be tired, then I started eating 6 small meals a day and voila! My metabolism stays more constant and I have energy throughout the day. I don't even need caffeine any more.
  • spoppe
    Options
    I used to always be tired, then I started eating 6 small meals a day and voila! My metabolism stays more constant and I have energy throughout the day. I don't even need caffeine any more.

thats how i eat now, 6 small meals a day.
  • StarIsMoving
    Options
    Admittedly, I did not look at your diary. I will say though, doing Insanity, I learned to up my protein and iron and it helped me tons. Maybe something to think about/ask about when you go to doctor?

It also helped with that mid-day sluggish feeling too.