Need help with slight tweaking

Options
This morning I completed my fourth bootcamp. I lost 2kg and 2% body fat. I lost 2inches from my thighs and waist but stayed the same on my biceps. I also lost some muscle. I am very happy with my results and will defiantly be bootcamping again when it restarts in three weeks time. I have really changed my eating habits from how they were beforw, I have not deprived myself from anything as I would like to keep this healtier eating going. I would appreciate a little advice on how I can improve my weight loss with as little muscle loss as possible. My diary should be available to read. Thanks in anticipation.

Replies

• Kbjust4me
    Options
    I'm pretty new to MFP and just learning along with everyone here, but I'm pretty sure that your protein intake is too low. You should be getting 0.5-1.0 grams of protein for every pound of body weight. An increase in protein will not only help your muscles recover from those strenuous workouts, but it will also reduce muscle loss by replacing broken down protein in your muscle tissue. I would research how much you would need based on activity level since the above is just an approximate figure.
  • cottle2
    Options
    Thank you for the reply. I will look it up online and work on that :)
  • cmaceluch
    Options
    If dieting and exercising properly, you should never be losing muscle. A healthy weight loss to shoot for is about a half pound per week. Play around with your macro ratios to suit your needs.
  • JasonDetwiler
    JasonDetwiler Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy (for you) weights and eat primarily protein while at a slight caloric deficit.
  • s_rouse11
    s_rouse11 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Definitely aren't getting enough protein. Try eating 2-3 snacks per day (between breakfast/lunch, and lunch/dinner). Typically you want to eat every 3 hours to keep your metabolism functioning at it's highest. Try snacks like greek yogurt (very high in protein, low in fat), almonds, hard boiled eggs, skinless chicken breast or even a protein shake would be great. Substituting more fruits and veggies for some of your other snacks that are carb based (brownies, crumble) would really speed along your fat loss goal. You should check out Oxygen magazine (google it), they have AMAZING recipes, meals and snack ideas that are all clean and geared towards building/maintaining muscle and cutting fat. Good luck!:smile: