I need your help.....

Options
Ok, so I have been working on my weight loss journey for 6 weeks now and this is the first time I only lost 1/2 pound and I'm a little discouraged....I have been watching what I eat and working out 6x a week. Can you look at my diary and give me some advice....

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Weight loss isn't linear. You can do everything right and not lose or even gain one week and then BAM! You'll be down 3 pounds the week after. I wouldn't worry about it unless you stop losing consistently for several weeks.
  • TinaCleg
    Options
    I have been there and it's frustrating. Maybe too many carbs and sugar. It's crazy that foods we think would not have lots of sugar do. This is just my experience. If I don't eat over 100 grams of carbs per day and cut out sugar I will lose. I am not saying to do this all the time, but wanted you to know what worked for me.
  • ShallaLovee
    ShallaLovee Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Weight loss isn't linear. You can do everything right and not lose or even gain one week and then BAM! You'll be down 3 pounds the week after. I wouldn't worry about it unless you stop losing consistently for several weeks.

^^ this! We have to stop letting the scale be our main focus. That's something we need to work on. As good as it is to see the scale going down and not up we can't make that the ultimate reason for trying to improve our health. Keep going with what your doing your going to get the results you want in due time. It doesn't happen over night. We have to have patience with this whole process.
  • susanfisher
    susanfisher Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    The same thing was happening to me. So I changed my foods and workouts. I also stopped my shakes for a little while, just to change things up and changed my workouts as well. And this week I started to lose weight again... Dont worry you will start to lose again just keep focused on your goal!! You will get there!! ; )
  • jamielynn020610
    jamielynn020610 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I would cut down on your snacking. And maybe lower your calorie intake to maybe 1500. I know that I have been frustrated lately and I cut down my calorie intake from 1350 to 1200 and I am hoping that it works. But I have increased my exercise. You can look at me food diary if you want. And if you want to add me, feel free too. :smile:
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    That's right about the time period when my weight held steady for two weeks, and then the next week I dropped 2 lbs. These little hiccups are normal, so try not to let them get you down.
  • jealous_loser
    Options
    It could be a bunch of things.

Is it your time of the month?
    Did you eat a lot of sodium?
    Do you weigh in in the same clothes?

You have lost 18 pounds already, that's awesome. If you are going to let one week of a little less weight loss derail you, then do you really want it to be a life style change? Give it some more time.
  • cass0632
    Options
    I would love to help in anyway I can. Please feel free to add me on facebook or check out my website to verify my knowledge! :)
    www.cassiezeider.com

I would probably guess that you are not eating enough!
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    ^This, absolutely. Try to let go of the expectation to lose a significant or consistent amount every week. It just doesn't happen like that, for most people. I haven't looked at your diary, and there might be issues there, but often people drive themselves crazy trying to micromanage their diets when they're really doing nothing wrong.

Also bear in mind that the scale only measures weight; it doesn't tell you that you've lost 1lb this week but are also retaining an extra 0.5 lb of water this week. Make sure you take measurements of your body and progress photos, they'll give you a better overall view of your progress.