Can't seem to get under 200 lbs

I have been using the meal tracker religiously, exercise way more than when I started, and have had some success, but I can't seem got get under 200lbs. I have lost about 8 pounds since I started, and actually more but don't log it in because as soon as I get down to 200 lbs my body plays between the 200 - 204 range and won't budge. I don't want to get discouraged but what should I be doing differently? I definitely feel and look better than when I started but I want to hit my weight loss goal.

Replies

• cedarghost
    cedarghost Posts: 621 Member
    What changes have you seen in body fat/inches and what kind of exercise are you doing?
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 638 Member
    Can you make your diary public? Do you lift weights?
  • lisamarie2181
    lisamarie2181 Posts: 560 Member
    you might want to check out the threads for IPOARM or EM2WL, if you put them in the search a bunch of threads will come up. You could possibly be under eating for the amount of exercise you are doing. This threads can help you find a good range of cals for you.

Check it out and see if that helps :) I was stalled out for like a month and a half, started this approach and my inches and BF has gone down. Something to think about :)
  • Yeah I lift weights, I'll make it public now. I've changed my exercise to mostly cardio and mobility stuff.
  • Cool I'll check that out.
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 638 Member
    You can change the settings on your diary to track more items like sugar and sodium.

Try buying low cal sugar free ice cream bars like Blue Bunny, Skinny Cow and Weight Watchers. Check out vitatops, they are muffin tops in the freezer and are a good low cal dessert option.
    http://www.vitalicious.com/store-vitatops.html

Try not to drink so many calories with juice. And try stevia to sweeten your coffee. Switch to a low cal salad dressing.

I don't see that you're eating much fruit besides the occasional banana? Can you switch to whole wheat bread?
    http://www.foodforlife.com/

No McDonalds, ever. Try to get more green vegetables in (anything but lettuce).
  • BobSassafrass
    BobSassafrass Posts: 85 Member
    I recently got stuck at 205-208 lbs but did a couple things to get past it. I started workout out vigorously 5 days a week with P90X DVDs, I put a little more fat into my diet cause your body needs fat to process it, and I started doing more strength training. From what I've read you still need muscle building to lose weight. I also dropped my calorie goal slightly. Hope this helps.
  • Anna800

Thanks for the tips, I'll try all of that. I do need to eat more fruit, I never have been a big fruit eater. I also usually eat whole wheat bread only, but my grandma got me some white bread and I have been eating that lately but will switch back over lol!
  • BobSassafress

That does help. I think I need to step up the exercise as well.
  • BobSassafrass
    BobSassafrass Posts: 85 Member
    Oh one more thing I have changed, take a Men's multi vitamin.