Not eating lunch?

Options
So I have found that I feel fuller and have a easier time keeping withing my calorie goal if I eat a small breakfast, then "snack" every few hours then eat a bigger dinner . I almost always have room in my calorie bank for a snack after dinner, anyone else do this? I'm usually keeping my snacks as healthy as I can, sometimes berries, sometimes something from special K or fiber one, and usually no more than 200 calories at the very most. Who else does this? it is working well now because I can have a quick snack between classes on the days I have school ( full time student and full time single mom to 3 kids)

Replies

• lizblizz2012
    lizblizz2012 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I don't eat "breakfast, lunch and dinner". I break my meals up into snacks throughout the day. I hardly ever eat what someone considers a meal. It works better for me if I eat smaller amounts of food more frequently. Do whatever works for you! Just make sure you don;t go long periods of time without eating anything, you know?
  • CandyBryson
    CandyBryson Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I don't eat "breakfast, lunch and dinner". I break my meals up into snacks throughout the day. I hardly ever eat what someone considers a meal. It works better for me if I eat smaller amounts of food more frequently. Do whatever works for you! Just make sure you don;t go long periods of time without eating anything, you know?

Good I'm glad I'm not the only one who does this, I don't go more than 2.5 hours. EVER I usually keep it to 2 hours but from getting my kids from school to dinner is about 2.5
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    So I have found that I feel fuller and have a easier time keeping withing my calorie goal

^^^this is all that counts
  • joycehostetler
    Options
    I think that we all need to find what works for them. I personally like to eat at least every 3 hours or so either a meal or a snack. Works for me.
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Well, at my job we all eat together and I rarely eat lunch on time, in fact I was just complaining about this, haha.
    So, if you are snacking every couple hours (which is what I have to innevitably do) and this works, go for it! Just make sure you are taking in enough of each macro:protein, carbs, fat.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Since meal frequency and timing have no impact on weight loss or metabolic rate, do what works for you.
  • uclown2002
    uclown2002 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    ....................... Just make sure you don;t go long periods of time without eating anything, you know?

Oh boy!