Laughing Cow Cheese

Options
I just got it for the first time today, and must say it is pretty good. I got the lite garlic and herb. I ate part of a wedge on a few wheat thins. What are some other things people use it on that would be healthier?

Replies

• meganrich
    Options
    I spread it on a sliced apple. I love apples and cheese and that is a healthier version than slicing brick cheese to eat with it!
  • mabella17
    Options
    I put the swiss cheese in my tuna instead of mayo. Also, I love it on boca burgers and turkey sandwiches!!!
  • emberd
    emberd Posts: 36
    Options
    I like it on celery and carrots. Celery is my favorite. There are a ton of ways to use it though. I think there was a similar post earlier in the week.
  • Jamiebee24
    Jamiebee24 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I put it on a whole wheat tortilla---use it for a lunch wrap or just a breakfast burritto! i use the swiss kind though :)
  • cousint
    Options
    I frequently use it in place of mayo on sandwiches. I also eat it with celery and cut up bell peppers.
  • cdavis1126
    cdavis1126 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    my favorite is one wedge spread on an unsalted rice cake. makes a nice snack before bedtime. i've also melted one in some brown rice. i use it on top of burgers (like tonight). i spread one on a tortilla this morning for breakfast and then topped with 2 scrambled egg whites, and some scallions, wrapped it up and it was delish!
  • krislew
    krislew Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I dip my pretzels in it. If you go to the laughing cow website they even have recipes to use with it.
  • Caroline523
    Options
    I WANT TO TRY THIS SO BAD!! unfortunately I'm a freshman in college and I wasn't allowed to bring my car, and there are no good grocery stores within walking distance :( the only thing we have close by is a CVS!
  • blondie76
    blondie76 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    laughing cow light swiss wedge on rye bread with turkey, mmmmmmmmmm my lunch today!
  • jzbaby626
    Options
    I asked this question yesterday, got a lot of good suggestions. Here is the link to that thread:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/83272-how-do-you-like-your-laughing-cow
  • hjmygatt
    Options
    I love laughing cow swiss on wasa crackers, apples or in on sandwiches! Sometimes I just toast up a peice of sourdough, spread on the cheese and enjoy... yumm
  • mish3131
    mish3131 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I have taken a hole round and added spices. I mixed it up and made a dip for parties. Everyone loved it and didn't even know it was Laughing Cow Cheese.
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    I use it instead of mayo & cheese on sandwhiches a lot, the swiss kind is GREAT on apples, on a bagel, on toast, on a waffle or pancake along with either honey & cinamon or strawberry jam for my weekend "special" breakfast (even though its not that high cal!) on a rice cake... lets see.... I've mixed it with plain yogurt & sauteed spinach & onions for a quick spinach dip. its pretty versitile, basically anything you would use cream cheese, butter, mayo or slices of cheese on switch in this. The swiss is a really good complement to sweet stuff like fruit :flowerforyou:
  • Jerzeebabie04
    Options
    I want to try laughing cow cheese! Where can I get it?
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    okay - don't get mad at me - but I finally tried this product and I need to ask - what is this mystery cheese? A processed cheese spread? I thought It was pretty yucky, I think I rather stick to my goat cheese and spread it on my sandwiches.
  • melissaovadare
    melissaovadare Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I whipped 2 wedges laughing cow, 2 medium yukon gold potatoes ( or some steamed cauliflour if watching carbs), 6 tbsp fat free sour cream, fresh garlic and parsley for mashed potatoes.....

1/3 the recipe is around 180 or so...and SO good

I use it with thinly sliced ham and apple on whole wheat bread and grill it

Stuffed mushrooms: Mix laughing cow with fresh herbs and chopped up shroom stems and spread into caps....sprinkle with a small amount of whole wheat bread crumbs and garlic and bake at 400 until tops crispy!
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    I want to try laughing cow cheese! Where can I get it?

at the grocery store, check either in the dairy section with any cheese spreads or in the cracker aisle (it doesn't need to be refrigerated) World Market sells it too.
  • bethinagain
    bethinagain Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Here's an older post on the same subject....great idea's.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/80124-laughing-cow-light-cheese-wedges
  • dmags
    dmags Posts: 303
    Options
    The hungry girl website uses it in recipes quite a bit, you should check it out.
  • dmags
    dmags Posts: 303
    Options
    The hungry girl website uses it in recipes quite a bit, you should check it out.