I havent exercised

Options
i usually work out at least 30 minutes a day, usually a cardio, but just a simple ab and buns and thigh workout every now and then. I had surgery on my knee about 3 years ago, so the night before last, my knee was hurting really bad, so I decided to give it a day to rest, which was yesterday, but today flew by real fast, and im just not in the mood to workout... So is it a bad decision to not workout? I plan on working out tomorrow morning....

:ohwell:

Replies

• DaveyGravy
    DaveyGravy Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with taking a break from cardio for a day or two...you might even be doing yourself a favor! All bodies need recovery time now and again.
  • tiarubyleo
    tiarubyleo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have found that the more you put off the easier it is to put it off, so push through, I have had 2 surgeries on my knee and both ankles have been surgically repaired after breaks. I have a rare vitamin D deficiency that requires i take mega doses of the vitamin each day. So routine is best.
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with taking a break from cardio for a day or two...you might even be doing yourself a favor! All bodies need recovery time now and again.

Actually a break from weight training is recommended. It's fine, even encouraged to do cardio every day
  • smae1980
    Options
    What cardio do you do?
  • rkascak
    rkascak Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    i would do a workout video or work on an ellyptical
  • smae1980
    Options
    I was going to say I know elliptical is good for those w/ knee probs. try again tomorrow, if it's still bad call your doc, maybe a bit of physical therapy is in order
  • DaveyGravy
    DaveyGravy Posts: 283 Member
    Options

Actually a break from weight training is recommended. It's fine, even encouraged to do cardio every day

Hmm yeah, that's true, the reason I said it was that I get bad joints from running since i'm still heavy and I sometimes take a day or two off. I didn't think there was anything really wrong with doing so, might be wrong however :)
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Breaks are GOOD! Gives your body some time to recover. I was forced to take 2 weeks off of no exercise to heal because I pushed too hard with 2 a days!
  • jclguru
    jclguru Posts: 123
    Options
    For me, one of my biggest achievements was having to take a break off from exercising for a week because I was recovering from a meniscus tear surgery and not gain any weight.

That was more important to me than all the weight I had lost because it proved to me that I could do this.

Doug
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Breaks are GOOD! Gives your body some time to recover. I was forced to take 2 weeks off of no exercise to heal because I pushed too hard with 2 a days!

Just curious - how were you forced? Injury? Dr's orders? How did you know you needed 2 weeks off?