General Tips

Options
Hi,
I have been eating very healthy. But alot of the meals I am eating are the same.
Just wondering if anyone had any suggestions about breakfast lunchs dinners snacks basically food in general that are good to eat and they have found benefical. Any suggestions welcome.

Replies

• cmaceluch
    Options
    What are your macros and calorie intake looking like to get a better idea?
  • VB95
    VB95 Posts: 13
    Options
    122o calories a day. Sorry whats a macro I am new to this ?
  • VB95
    Options
    sorry that was 1220 a day not 122o
  • cmaceluch
    Options
    Your daily ratio of protein/fat/carbs. The macronutrients.
  • Keiko385
    Keiko385 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Macros are your percentages of carbs, protein and fats. If you go to goals > change settings > custom you can check them there and change them to fit your needs I use 50% carbs and 25% fats and protein with a lower sodium than what MFP uses
  • cmaceluch
    Options
    Macros are your percentages of carbs, protein and fats. If you go to goals > change settings > custom you can check them there and change them to fit your needs I use 50% carbs and 25% fats and protein with a lower sodium than what MFP uses

Is there a specific reason for such a high carb intake if you're cutting?
  • Keiko385
    Options

Is there a specific reason for such a high carb intake if you're cutting?

I cannot have high fats or protein because of other health issues, the macro setting works for me but my weight loss is slower than some peoples but I'm good with that
  • VB95
    Options
    Ok without me changing it , just from what MFP recommends it says I can have
    168G of carbs a day
    41g of fat
    46g of protein
    and my daily calorie intake should be 1220 :)
  • cmaceluch
    Options
    Some breakfast options: Greek yogurt with granola (high in protein, small amount of carbs from granola), traditional oatmeal with some brown sugar and cinnamon, or mixed berries, protein pancakes or waffles (search online for an easy recipe)

Lunch: Make a salad with any veggies, nuts or berries you're into, add in a chicken breast or egg for that extra protein.
    canned tuna with some olive oil mayo, lemon juice, cayenne, etc
    whole wheat wraps with some sandwich meat and veggies in there

Dinner: a serving of protein (steak, chicken, fish)
    whole wheat rice, or quinoa are excellent side with maybe some steamed veggies with lemon pepper

snacks: nuts are awesome to snack on throughout the day. I love fiber one bars. berries or veggies are easy too
  • Keiko385
    Options
    He types faster than I can lol, He gave you some very good ideas to start off with
  • VB95
    Options
    great thanks :) be trying some of them for the rest of the week
  • cmaceluch
    Options
    Feel free to send a message down the road. Given more time, I'm pretty good and whipping up awesome meals that will fit into your macros.