I didn't qualify for the Lap Band

Options
I gained 15 lbs over the summer and I felt like I should qualify for the Lap Band surgery... the good news is I wasn't even close to qualifying! Yaaay, right????? Doctor said start making small changes so 2 days ago I started wearing my pedometer again and i'm not taking off my shoes until I've reached a minimum of 10,000 steps. Today a friend at work told me about this site so here I am, day 1 of logging my food and excercise. I'm okay with baby steps because at least they are steps in the right direction!

Replies

• madanvineet
    Options
    great decision... save the money from Lap Band... because you are going to need it for shopping once you reach your desired goal soon... add me if you'd like and let me know if I can be of any help... good luck and take care
  • laurenellenmarie
    laurenellenmarie Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    This is a great thing! Welcome to MFP! Feel free to add me as a friend as well!
  • Dianemustang
    Options
    yeah for not qualifying - Yoou can do this...add me if you like, 10 down - 30 to go
  • blushingmama
    blushingmama Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    glad to hear you didnt just decide to eat your way to qualify :)
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Great start! Welcome to MFP :)
  • charkane
    charkane Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Welcome, please feel free to add me, good news about the lap band............. I was gonna do it myself but it really requires a lot of maintenance, so I am doing the gastric now instead....better choice for me!!
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    welcome! from another latina :bigsmile:
  • BruhManFif
    BruhManFif Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    That's pretty awesome. Welcome and good luck in your goal. Feel free to add.
  • mollz007
    mollz007 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Good for you for trying to do it on your own! I wish you good luck with your weight loss... feel free to add me if you want... I am always up for making more friends:smile: Ive started wearing a pedometer too and it really helps you be aware of how much you move.
  • cindyj7
    cindyj7 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site! I wish you success on your weight loss - add me if you'd like some support. :flowerforyou:
  • Fatphuckwinsgold
    Options
  • slbeutler
    slbeutler Posts: 205
    Options
    My good friend almost died from the lap band, so thank goodness you did not qualify. You can do it with exercise and eating right. Welcome!