Monitor daily calorie expenditure-Fitbit, HRM, Bodymedia?

Options
Hey everyone. I have been struggling for a loong time with guestimating my calorie expediture and make sure I'm not eating too little/too much. Because of my previous ED problems this mentally causes me more trouble then it's worth, so I have finally decided to invest in one of the above mentioned.

I basically want something that will accurately track how many calories I burn each day walking around university and exercising etc..., but I want something that I know will be worth the money.

I was looking at the apps suggested on MFP and I can't decide which one would be the best for me? Or of there's an even better one not mentioned? Any helpful suggestions/ experience?

(Not that interested in the Bodymedia as I think it's a monthly cost and I am a student lol. Enough said :P)

Thanks!

Replies

• snowbab
    snowbab Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    EDIT: I should mention that I already have a HRM, but currently only use it for exercise. I'm so confused atm though about my activity etc... that I don't log these calories anyway.

I'm not sure about using my HRM for this purpose though as wearing it all day would make the battery wear out
  • SunnyStef
    SunnyStef Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am very happy with my FitBit. I love that it syncs so easily with MFP. I paid about $100 and I think that's a little high for a glorified pedometer, but like I said, I'm happy with it. I think the Fitbit website is great too. I love how it tells when I was the most/least active. It gives me badges when I complete a goal. Its a fun little tool.
  • snowbab
    Options
    I did like the look of fitbit, but I'm just wondering whether it's accurate enough as it's just a pedometer and not really based on effort as far as I'm aware?
  • Amlong1977
    Amlong1977 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Two of my friends have Fitbit & love them. His is the fitbit mini & she said she wished that one was out when she got hers. It's smaller & was only $60 vs $100. She said the only thing that's different is it doesn't track your sleep, but she doesn't use it for that anyway, I'm thinking about getting the fitbit mini myself.
  • snowbab
    Options
    Yeah I'm stuck between that or this new MIO active connect advertised on MFP with a 25% launch discount so it would be the same price as the new fitbit. Difficult! I'm just thinking this new MIO one might be more accurate as it mentions exertion, not just being a pedometer.
  • Amlong1977
    Amlong1977 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/499335-devices-to-track-the-calories-you-burn/ There's a link with more info. I depend on the Live Strong website for a lot of accurate info.