Has anyone downloaded and tried striiv?

Options
I got an email today from MFP about these new apps so I downloaded striiv and it and noticed that it said striiv calorie adjustment on it with a negative 523 on there, I know what that means. It thinks ill burn that many calories that day, if I don't burn that much with that number change?? I don't have the device I'm only using the application. I like this app but I just need to know if that -523 would change or what not. If you guys know anymore things about it please let me know :)

Replies

• melelana
    melelana Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    So here is my experience (I also downloaded the app only yesterday.)

I got a similar adjustment, so I started to delete the numbers and type in the calories it said I burned on the app. At one point I typed in the minutes too, but I can't remember if I switched it back to one or not. The number ended up being 387 calories. THEN at midnight, it switched to say that I only burned 58 calories. I had to correct it again. HOWEVER after burning 387 calories yesterday, now I noticed that its automatic deduction for today changed from 500ish calories to 200ish calories. I think it may get smarter about how many calories I generally burn on a daily basis...

I don't know if that helps... it's just kind of an update. Hopefully more info will lead to more answers.

EDIT: I found more info on this. Check out this thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/771881-striiv-app-calorie-adjustments-way-off-app-vs-mfp-sync?hl=striiv#posts-11480421
  • karthurs1
    Options
    Melenlana and Bethany,

Thank you for trying the Striiv app! To accommodate the new category of partners who provide all day activity tracking devices vs. specific exercise events, MFP made a significant change in how they take our submitted data and then use it on your daily calorie counts.

One component to getting the calories showing on your Striiv App to be a closer match to what is being posted to your daily journal is to change your MFP activity setting to Sedentary. The Striiv App is monitoring the BMR as well.

The great team at MyFitnessPal found issues on the MFP side and put in place some corrections last night, today and tonight. The number is now much closer, within just a few calories.

MFP will be communicating with you about the changes being made.

- Striiv CustomerCare