not losing a pound! but my body is changing!?

Options
Ive been at this awhile now.. Always eating within my calorie goal, and strength training and cardio every other day.

Im 5'5..(almost 5'6 lol) and 135lbs.. 22 years old... Im not losing any weight at all(1360 cals daily) but Im really noticing a change in my body! My muscles are much more defined, I feel stronger and more energetic. I feel good :) but the scale isnt moving

I would really like to be around 130lbs.. Anyone have any idea why I'm not losing?

if Im at a calorie deficet + exercise = weightloss?

Replies

• scottsilver81
    Options
    from the sound of it your body is gaining some muscle and losing some fat at the same time but since muscle weighs more than fact you will for a short time stay at the same weight... keep at it and you will get to your goal your nearly there!!! :D
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Viictoriann, this is what success looks like. No one knows what weight your scale is showing. They can only see the changes in your body, which sound like very profound changes. My advice is to start ignoring the scale and paying more attention to what you actually look like. Plus you're only 5 lbs away from your goal so actual weight loss tends to creep at a snail's pace at that point. But who cares if you're looking awesome?
  • victoriannsays
    victoriannsays Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Thank you for kind words and encouragement :)
  • SciRice
    SciRice Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I just want to echo what was said above. Dont let the scale discourage you! You can not loose a pound and end up dropping a size in clothes due to the toning and fat loss over the body. I had to learn that myself. I've been exercising (6 days a week) and eating within my calorie goal since the beginning of the month and I am actually up in lbs on the scale. However I have lost a total of 3 inches.

Keep doing your part and your body will do its part!
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Viictoriann, this is what success looks like. No one knows what weight your scale is showing. They can only see the changes in your body, which sound like very profound changes. My advice is to start ignoring the scale and paying more attention to what you actually look like. Plus you're only 5 lbs away from your goal so actual weight loss tends to creep at a snail's pace at that point. But who cares if you're looking awesome?

What Dave said. If you are optimizing health, appearance and performance, who cares what the scale says!
  • tobnrn
    tobnrn Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    from the sound of it your body is gaining some muscle and losing some fat at the same time but since muscle weighs more than fact you will for a short time stay at the same weight... keep at it and you will get to your goal your nearly there!!! :D

Doubtful since she is in a calorie deficit.
  • Mighty_Rabite
    Mighty_Rabite Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't focus at all on what the scale says. I started this calendar year at 161lbs myself and I feel like I look better (I most certainly feel better) right now at the 172-173 range ^_^

The mirror speaks much more loudly and clearly than the scale :-)
  • Inforthelonghaul
    Options
    An 18 stone body builder and an 18 stone bariatric will both weigh the same, what do the scales really say?

As many others have said, forgery the scales and focus on how you look and feel.
  • flynnfinn
    flynnfinn Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    same thing happening to me. no weight loss but my body is changing since i started resistance training 3 months ago. i am also eating more cals than ever and seem to be just maintaining. i'd really like to see some more loss in terms of inches...i guess that's just going to come with time.