the refrig is calling my name

Options
y does my refrig call my name when i am snuggled up relaxing after a long day.. im not hungry but i always feel like i need to go get something to eat... so frustrating.. i need to get hypnotized not to eat when not hungry or at night,,,,ugh

Replies

• lvisel
    lvisel Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I know... I constantly catch myself looking in the fridge at night! I try to save a few calories, so if I want to eat something, I can eat something small (olives have been my choice lately.)
  • jeffreyjording
    jeffreyjording Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Mindless munching. I try to keep carrots or cauliflower on hand for these situations
  • jeyko
    jeyko Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Must be something in the air! Having the same problem here and it's driving me crazy! I keep grabbing cheese strings......
  • Princess2012forever
    Options
    Maybe it's fatigue or maybe you need a hobby. I remember when I was in college and working double shifts on the weekends (12hrs) by the time I came home I was exhausted but instead of going straight to bed like I should have, I binged on carbs and sugar. It does suck being too tired to enjoy your time off but, could your problem possibly be fatigue? Also if it isn't fatigue it could be your body telling you that you should be filling that time with an activity. Is there a dance or art class that you could take after work? It doesn't necessarily need to be something to "burn calories" or "punish yourself" just to keep you busy. When I'm stimulated, its amazing how long that I can go without food but but me in a boring situation or infront of a computer for too long and I start wanting to eat crap just to get through it.
  • volume77
    volume77 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    me tooooooooooooooooooo
  • TheDarkAss
    TheDarkAss Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    It probably stems from habits. Also it doesn't help when they're other people in your house that only buy unhealthy, but enticing snacks. When that happens it's like those foods are serenading me. Keep strong, take in a hobby (for instance, I've taken to learning new languages). After a few weeks your body should acclimate to NOT eating snacks at night and you'll be fine.
  • PhoebesFit
    Options
    Must be something in the air! Having the same problem here and it's driving me crazy!

I'm right there with you.
  • tedybehr
    Options
    if i srink anymore selzer i am gunna float away. its the worst right before my girly days... i could have a great day until i get home then i blow it... the week before "my friend" comes i am awful... need to buy locks that lock automatically at night and unlock in the morning.. lol
  • Donna6017
    Donna6017 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I find I have to stop and ask myself, am I stomach hungry or head hungry. A lot of the time the answer is head hungry so I try to distract myself by doing something. My frig doesn't really call me, I eat out of boredom.
  • Kline123
    Options
    I read that sometimes we think we are hungry but in reality our bodies are just thirsty. I have been trying to drink lots of icewater, to make sure that I read my body's signals more accurately. I am struggling with emotional eating, so I can definitely relate to this. I have been eating a protein with a fruit or vegetable every couple hours, so I never get to the point where I am so hungry that I grab something unhealthy. I also allow myself a small treat every day, like a small serving of frozen yogurt, or yogurt and granola. The less deprived I feel, the better. I am a chocolate addict, so I went to the store and bought these peanut butter granola bars with dark chocolate and pretzels. They are by "Cascadian Farms" and are organic. They seem to satisfy my sweet tooth and are delicious. I hope some of this helped you!:smile:
  • Princess2012forever
    Options
    I read that sometimes we think we are hungry but in reality our bodies are just thirsty. I have been trying to drink lots of icewater, to make sure that I read my body's signals more accurately. I am struggling with emotional eating, so I can definitely relate to this. I have been eating a protein with a fruit or vegetable every couple hours, so I never get to the point where I am so hungry that I grab something unhealthy. I also allow myself a small treat every day, like a small serving of frozen yogurt, or yogurt and granola. The less deprived I feel, the better. I am a chocolate addict, so I went to the store and bought these peanut butter granola bars with dark chocolate and pretzels. They are by "Cascadian Farms" and are organic. They seem to satisfy my sweet tooth and are delicious. I hope some of this helped you!:smile:

I tried the "ice water trick" too. If it is working for you, great but have you tried the "hot water trick"? Ice water makes me cold and then I stay cold, it does nothing for my appetite and I find it counter intuitive to my body. However I find that warm foods and drinks make me fuller faster. So I'd start the day with a warm cup of coffee, tea, or hot sugar-free chocolate BEFORE and with breakfast. I'd focus on warm foods whenever possible.
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Did you set your activity level to the correct one? You may be doing more than you think and you really are hungry because you need food. If the system gave you extra calories, do you eat them? You don't have to but if you're hungry and they are available...go for some broccoli or carrots - something fun and healthy.
  • jsdholland
    jsdholland Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I spend a lot of time in my upstairs room to stay away from the refrigerator. ;)
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I spend a lot of time in my upstairs room to stay away from the refrigerator. ;)

We have a livingroom upstairs - it's too far from the refrigerator to be too tempted. Definitely makes things easier.
  • JenLovesFall
    Options
    Ohhhh noooooo!!! I've got the same thing!!! I always feel like I need something sweet after dinner... ugh!