I'm starting emotional eating, HELP !

Options
30868484_9061_thumb
hathor1943 I had gastric bypass surgery Dec. 31, 2009 and since then I have retired. I find I am starting to eat out of boredom and need to stop this habit immediately. Overeating is what caused my weight problem in the past and I don't want to gain any weight like I had before. I was 309 pounds and am now 160. I was as low as 151 but have put a few pounds on since. It will be easier for me to lose these few pounds rather than a lot like before. I have to have 75 grams of protein each day and can only eat 1/2 to 1 cup of food at a time. I need some moral support in this problem. Does anyone else have this issue? Help !

Replies

• mommyweighless
    mommyweighless Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I don't have that issue but would love to be support for you. There are lots of people on here that have had bypass. You should search for the topic in the search bar. There may even be a group for it. The best thing to do to help stop mindless eating is to find a hobby. IF you can find something to help keep your brain and hands busy, it helps to keep them out of the fridge. Feel free to friend me and I will do my best to be a kick in the butt if needed.

Liz

I also have other social pages to help.

mommyweighless.blogspot.com
    http://www.facebook.com/MommyWeighLess
  • zeala
    zeala Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    How busy are you keeping yourself? I eat much less on my busy days than on my off days. My friend's mother for instance volunteers at a hospital. By doing something you enjoy, you will kill two birds with one stone. Do something that makes you happy and keeps you busy, and keep you from being so bored that to pass the time you eat.
    So I'd say, get a hobby, join a book club, volunteer. Sure there must be something that interests you.
  • rbeebee1
    Options
    I'm starting to eat and snack because of emotional reasons as well. Right now college is getting a bit hectic, what with all the testing! I spent a good portion of my teenage years in China and I really learned how to curb bad habits and become a healthy eater. They have a lot more fresh markets available and the cost of produce was very affordable...anyways, I learned to control my emotional eating with substitutions. Personally, I love tomatoes, so I eat them while I'm just sitting on the sofa...(most people would choose an apple, I believe). Drink tea as well :) It relaxes you and gives you something to do instead of thinking about food. Good luck and hope you stay on the right track!!!
  • Princess2012forever
    Options
    I highly reccomend like the other poster that you volunteer for a cause or get a hobby that gets you out of the house. It sounds like food is the most interesting part of your life. You said you were BORED. So UN-BORE yourself. Excite yourself! Follow your passions! Decorate or repaint your house, discover new music/ rediscover old music (this really works for me) Ask yourself what have you always been interested in/ wanted to do and involve yourself in it. If there's no club or organization near by then start one.
  • mummykira
    Options
    hi honey.

are you feeling better this morning? just remember we are here for you and just think about how proud you will be when you overcome your urges.

Find something to distract you. Make some xmas cards or pull out the phone book, write a letter or go fo a walk just stay out of the kitchen unless you need to be in there it's just too tempting to grab something if your in there