p90x, insanisty, or turbo fire

Hey, I am looking for a fitness program to get the fastest results in shortest amount of time.. looking to focus on my core, upper body strength(Biceps, triceps, etc..), and overall muscle definition. I am 17 and have a very high metabolism, looking to prepare for college. I am not to concerned about losing weight, (5'11 - 145, complete twig..) I am looking to bulk up, not lose fat. . I haven't really done much exercise in a couple years, so I am out of shape. But I am looking to put in a lot of time and effort each day to get it done in the shortest amount of time. Which fitness program would be best for me, p90x, insanity, turbo fire, or a different one?

Replies

• mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    P90X sounds like the product that will suit your needs.

Why.

Because it's a Strength workout with Cardio on the side.

Insanity is great if you are looking for a body weight program.

turbofire is a cardio base program with strength on the side. and tbh more suited for women.

p90x you will need weights or bands (weights imo are better over the bands), and a pull up bar. If you can not invest in these then go insanity.
  • Investing is fine. Do I need different size weights(in order to get maximum results)? I am looking for more strength and size rather than endurance and from what I have read, I want high resistance and low reps.
  • You will need several different weights, and probably increase as you go. People like the weights that have several weight increments in one (I can't remember what they are called) so they take up less space and you have more options with weight. P90X is a fantastic program, and it will help you achieve the goals that you mentioned, but I will caution that it is a fairly time intensive program - an hour to an hour and a half six days a week. It's definitely worth the time, but it also takes up quite a bit!
  • You will need several different weights, and probably increase as you go. People like the weights that have several weight increments in one (I can't remember what they are called) so they take up less space and you have more options with weight. P90X is a fantastic program, and it will help you achieve the goals that you mentioned, but I will caution that it is a fairly time intensive program - an hour to an hour and a half six days a week. It's definitely worth the time, but it also takes up quite a bit!

I have tons of time per day, so they shouldn't be a problem. Just a bit worried about the nutrition diet, not really sure I am going to be able to make those exotic meals every day especially for lunch (Mon-Fri school..). Not to mention, it looks pretty expensive..
  • vabchloser
    vabchloser Posts: 223 Member
    I just started p90x about a week ago. I did a lot of reading and folks who ate a high protein, moderate carb diet seemed to do just fine and show results.

I'm doing it to get stronger, so I'm just trying to eat a little more and keep my protein high.

You can do the program without the diet. If you are a healthy eater, I think you'll do great. If you eat a bunch of crap, well...I'm sure the program will still help you, just maybe not as well as the promo pics :)
  • mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    adjustable weights, I use them and love them.

Mine go from 2.5kg to 24kg, so 5lbs to 50 lbs. They set me back $250 including postage.