advice

Options
I am new, and have high hopes that this program will be different than all the ones i've tried before. I am looking for some advise about something thats been troubling me. I work at a job for 8 hours that i do not get a regular lunch break at. My report is telling me that i am still coming out under my calorie goal. I don't want to try and shove all my calories into one meal. any suggestions would be very appreciated. sboucher52

Replies

• queensara2478
    Options
    If your having trouble reaching your calorie goals try packing some easy high calorie snacks that you can eat easily on the go. Almonds and other types of nuts are a great afternoon snack that add on some healthy calories and are easy to transport. If you have access to a fridge or can keep a small lunch bag cooler by your desk, bring some lowfat cheese and yogurt for an afternoon snack.
    Hope that helps.
  • khoolette
    Options
    I was kind of wondering the same thing. If I have tons of calories left and it's the end of the day, should I try to cram as many calories in as I can at the end of the day? This means I would be eating a large amount at bedtime.
  • flbeachbuddy
    flbeachbuddy Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I had trouble at first, but started eating more for breakfast, having a couple of snacks between lunch and dinner (eat late) and even having dessert sometimes. Nuts are good, but be careful to watch the portion size - if I don't pre-bag, I will end up eating too many.

I am losing slow but sure.

Good luck.
  • jermee
    jermee Posts: 15
    Options
    I am not an expert but I do not think you want a lot of calories right before you go to sleep. Thus the not eating after 8:00. (of course this is relevant as to when you go to bed)

Have you tried any protein bars? They are an easy on the go calorie source. Cliff bars are good and also Cliff Builder which have more protein. I also like the fruit and nut mix from Costco. Pack in a baggie and snack when you can.