Possum!

Options
HurricaneElaine
HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
There's a possum in the backyard right now, eating all my leftover fries from my splurge dinner Monday night!

He's so CUTE! I wish I could take a picture and post it.

Replies

• junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    Just go run up and scare him Then he'll be your friend, Teeth and hissing and all. Maybe you could cuddle.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Awww, I wish I could see him!
    I love animals<3
  • nearptr
    nearptr Posts: 32
    Options
    Just go run up and scare him Then he'll be your friend, Teeth and hissing and all. Maybe you could cuddle.
    In my experience they're too stupid to be scared. Dumber than chickens, I swear.
  • HellsKells
    HellsKells Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Possums are mean and are not cute at all. *shudders*
  • nearptr
    Options
    I thought you were going to explain to us how to prepare them Elaine :)
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I thought you were going to explain to us how to prepare them Elaine :)

:laugh:
  • AlexzKT
    AlexzKT Posts: 131 Member
    Options

And get rabies! YAY!
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I love possums! My family raised a bunch when I was a kid (we lived in the country). They have adorable ears and pink noses and little hands. And they love grapes. And spaghetti. And chop suey.
  • nearptr
    Options
    I love possums! My family raised a bunch when I was a kid (we lived in the country).
    Your dog bears a resemblance to one.
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    ...but do they taste like chicken? :laugh: :noway:

- - -

the other, other white meat...
  • Jongfaith
    Jongfaith Posts: 195
    Options
    I grew up in the country too... but the only possum I ever saw was sleeping hanging by its tail in our garage. My dad shot it and it continued hanging there... Oh the creepy memories!
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    i never saw one in real life but they look cute
  • RockyDon
    RockyDon Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Them things are ugly
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    In my experience they're too stupid to be scared. Dumber than chickens, I swear.

I've had the non pleasure of experiencing them both ways
    - snarling and ready to eat me or my dog
    and
    - playing possum
    I am afraid one time I may have buried one alive that was playing possum, i worried myself sick about that after. My rottweiler had gotten ahold of it.

I live out in the country and we really just try to live and let live. But I do not feed the wild animals.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Possums are so cute! They're actually really docile. The teeth and hissing is really just display.

I once fostered a litter of orphaned possums. Their mother had been hit by a car and there were 7 babies in her pouch.

edit: they're/their