Looking for some new friends to motivate each other!

Options
Hello everyone! I am a single mother of 3 girls, attending college FT, and work PT. I am looking to make some friends to help motivate me to drop some pounds! I need to lose 52 pounds, and I would like to reach that goal by summer 2013. Not only would I like some friends to motivate me, but I can motivate as well!

Replies

• phyllisarden
    Options
    i think that is great going to school and what a wounderful example you are giving your children with you wanting to lose the weight is great you can teache them about good eating habits i am a grandmother of one and i need to lose weight for my oldest daughter is getting married my goal is to lose 28 more pounds i have already loss 16 pounds if you live neer mobile alabama we can walk or talk
    krrp your chin up because YOU CAN DO IT
  • LaColombicana
    LaColombicana Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    That's great! I also want to lose about 50 lbs and I need support, too. You can add me as a friend.
  • greenlotus
    Options
    Hi there. :) I am in the same spot as you. I'd also like to lose 52 lbs by next summer! How crazy is it that we have the same goals? :) I became a new mom this summer (1st time mom) -- and I've never been so out of shape. My body has just felt weak and BLAH since becoming a mom. I love being a mom, and it has really made me see how important it is that I take better care of myself. I want to get back in shape, be healthy, feel strong, and be a good role model. I feel like I need some motivation as well -- and am willing to give it too.
  • mlcharb
    mlcharb Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I need to lose about 50 lbs as well. I've been on and off the MFP wagon. It's time to get back on and get into shape. I'd love to see it off by the summer as well.
  • TheDarkAss
    TheDarkAss Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'll add you. I'm also looking to lose about the same weight.
  • Momma_of3
    Momma_of3 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful see some people who are wanting to lose the same amount! We CAN do this!!!
  • rocketman766
    rocketman766 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello all, I have had this app for a while, now I need to get serious about my fitness and weight loss. I am currently 271 lbs and have a goal of 225 lbs by April 15th of 2013. I was close to this goal before, but lost my way so now I need to jump in with both feet!
  • JosephVitte
    JosephVitte Posts: 2,039
    Options
    I would like to ad you. I will say though, you might find it overwhelming getting friend requests only to find out that they are not the half bit interested in your health, but seemingly only your personal life, at least I'm starting to come to grips with this. They might even take up your whole "newsfeed" and make it harder for you to try and keeep track with the people who actually keep up with you and all that your doing to live a healthier life. My problem is, these people on my list are woman, so it makes it a lot harder (not impossible at all) to break it to them that this" friendship" isn't working out. If your interested in someone who will give you some kind of comment on your food diary and when you exercise, and other stuff as well, feel free to friend request me. If you don't plan on it, and just want some new friends, the best of luck to you.