That word doesn't mean what you think it means.

Options

Replies

• DrJanet98
    DrJanet98 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I've put together a delightful mash-up of all the errors I found - just today... in ONE book...

At least it's a mash-up...if the entire book had them that densely packed, it would combust!
    "On beknown to him, as they walked hand and hand, she was filled with the upmost light heartiness and she shuttered with wicket pleasure. He peered questionably at her, waiting for her reply. 'Off course,' she retorted delightfully. He grasped for air, then extinguished a sigh as he complemented her on how eloquent she looked. He wanted to kiss her badly, but reframed from doing so."

Ergh. Just ergh. Feel my pain.

Could of been worse.... ;-)
  • orangechair
    orangechair Posts: 4 Member
    Options

"On beknown to him, as they walked hand and hand, she was filled with the upmost light heartiness and she shuttered with wicket pleasure. He peered questionably at her, waiting for her reply. 'Off course,' she retorted delightfully. He grasped for air, then extinguished a sigh as he complemented her on how eloquent she looked. He wanted to kiss her badly, but reframed from doing so."

Go easy on them. After all, she does sound like she looks quite eloquent, but I'll reframe from reverberating further on the subject.
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Thats class A drunk wrighting if you ask me.:wink:
  • shoshi68
    shoshi68 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Painful. Just Painful.
  • pamcuster
    pamcuster Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    My first thought was, "English must not be their first language!"
  • meggawatt
    meggawatt Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I think my eyes would be bleeding!
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Okay, my tumblr is down and my FB friends are tired of my rants, I think. So sorry, MFP folks - it's all yours!

I've put together a delightful mash-up of all the errors I found - just today... in ONE book... for your reading displeasure. (I'm an editor and I'm working on a book for a self-publishing company.)

It's pretty amazing:

I could not make it past the first two words of your quote.
  • Anaconda62
    Options
    Inconceivable!!
  • TinaBaily
    TinaBaily Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Okay, my tumblr is down and my FB friends are tired of my rants, I think. So sorry, MFP folks - it's all yours!

I've put together a delightful mash-up of all the errors I found - just today... in ONE book... for your reading displeasure. (I'm an editor and I'm working on a book for a self-publishing company.)

It's pretty amazing:

That made my head hurt.
  • shoshi68
    shoshi68 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Could of been worse.... ;-)
    [/quote]

Oh. My.
  • KellyMirth
    Options
    I'm a big opponent of banning books but I would gladly make an exception for this.
  • spud_chick
    spud_chick Posts: 2,639 Member
    Options
    Sweet Croesus that's bad. Fingernails on a blackboard bad.
  • fatt_boyy_slimm
    Options
    I've put together a delightful mash-up of all the errors I found - just today... in ONE book...

At least it's a mash-up...if the entire book had them that densely packed, it would combust!

Could OF been worse.... ;-)

@DrJanet98: It's COULD'VE...
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I would go absolutely mad reading and correcting that type of writing all day long. Yes, I am that woman who reads books at home and finds every mistake in them and it drives me crazy. :noway:

I don't know though, now that I think of it I might actually enjoy your job. I would enjoy fixing all of those mistakes and getting paid for it. I would definitely feel more intelligent each day when I got home from work or it could backfire and make me less intelligent from reading all of that crap. Not sure. :laugh:
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options

Could OF been worse.... ;-)

@DrJanet98: It's COULD'VE...

Or COULD HAVE would have been correct as well...:wink:

ETA: smiley
  • crimsoncat
    crimsoncat Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Somebody was looking through their thesaurus a little too hard to come up with some of that. I will pretend that English is not their first language for all the rest.
  • basslinewild
    basslinewild Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Umm wow!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    oh dear lord how ever does this person think they can be a writer? shouldn't they have proof read it before it gets to the editor phase???
    Sweet irony. :-)

I have never seen a self published book that was any good. But these days, even traditionally published books can be awful. There's little integrity any more and few standards.
  • _shortstack
    _shortstack Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    kill it...kill it with fire!
  • Changes02
    Options
    I wish to read more of this masterpiece