When did you first notice the difference?

Options
I've lost 26 pounds so far, yet I don't see any difference in my appearance. I think I look exactly the same as I did before I started. When was it that you really started to see it? I'm about 40% to my goal...you'd think I'd see something by now?

7531767.png

Replies

• brittanykira
    brittanykira Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I have a lot to lose, so I noticed a difference 10-15 lbs ( where I am now). My face is not as round and my clothes fit better. I think it depends everyone's individual body, but after 26 lbs, I would think you would have noticed something! Although I know that some of the 15 lbs was from my feet and other odd areas!
  • CSwitts
    CSwitts Posts: 14
    Options
    I know you may not think there's a difference, but 26lbs down means there is definitely a difference. Sometimes we've just been, so unhappy with our body for so long that if our body isn't perfect then we don't see the difference. I absolutely hated myself for letting myself get overweight. I didn't see a difference or was happy with that difference until I was so close to goal. There is a difference I promise. Look at how your clothes fit or even old photos. That helped me.
  • 1Clueless1
    Options
    Amen to what everyone has said so far. I've only lost 13 lbs so far but even with that I should be able to tell a difference. Like you, I don't see any difference. However, I went to clothes shop for my kids today and decided to try on a pair of jeans. I picked up a size I haven't been in in over 6 years. I could zip and button them. They were still just a little tight but just a few months ago I would never have gotten them over my hips. So there must be some difference. Like the other writers have said, find something that you can use as a comparison. Good luck and hang in there. 26 lbs lost is awesome! I can't wait to show those numbers.
  • P05T5CRIPT
    P05T5CRIPT Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I didn't really notice until about two stone, but I guarantee if you took a pic of yourself now and compared it to before you lost 26lbs, you would notice a big difference!
  • Adah_m
    Adah_m Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I struggled with this for a while. You will see it first in the way your clothes fit, but looking at yourself takes a while to really notice a change. I have lost 65, and I still have to question whether the scale is lying or if it's all in my head. Then I look at an old picture, and BAM, it hits me. You should check out this thread. Someone gave an amazing explanation there for this problem. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/582789-i-just-don-t-see-the-weight-loss

this is what she said:
    "maraq
    Joined Apr 2011
    Tue 05/01/12 10:07 PM
    Okay, I've been through this weight loss thing too many times and I've started to think about it like this. I find it to be true.

Think about your body during weight loss like a roll of paper towels. When you remove a sheet or two, or three, the roll doesn't seem to get any smaller.

But the more sheets you remove, the more each individual paper towel wraps around the entire roll and each sheet removed eventually makes a huge difference in the size of the roll when a lot of them have come off. Fat, like paper towels, comes off in sheets. When you are heavy, you are big all around. And when you are big around, that fat is spread over a MUCH larger area – just like that first couple of paper towel sheets. The closer you get to your goal, the more each lost pound of fat shows, because it is spread over a smaller area.

While the outside sheet may only cover 1 layer of the roll, the inside sheet may go around 4 times! When you reach those last "sheets" on your body, everything underneath will show more.

So while 30 pounds is a very significant amount of weight loss (congrats!), think of it as just those first few sheets of a paper towel roll! Keep going, all of a sudden you're going to look in the mirror and see it!"
  • jackibailey
    jackibailey Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I still don't see a difference when I look in the mirror and I've lost almost 100 pounds. I have pics and look at those to see the change.
  • vdclark11
    Options
    That's a great analogy!! I really love that. Thanks for sharing!
  • BarbaraGayle
    Options
    This time last year I weighed 354. I now weigh 300. I still have a ways to go but I, myself, have not noticed a difference. I talked with my doctor about it and he says its different for every person. Its just so hard to stay encouraged when you arent noticing changes. He did mention the pictures as well. I think thats what Im going to try.
  • CkepiJinx
    CkepiJinx Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I gain and lose weight all over, it generally takes 30 lbs before I notice a difference. My body has good proportion which I wouldn't trade for anything so that's the way it is for me. I did my measurements after one month and they all pretty much went down two to three inches but I just started seeing a difference...
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    are you taking measurements and regular photos?
  • j1wright
    j1wright Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    The first week. Not in my clothes but just how I felt. Clothing wise probably 13 pounds and that was just them being a little loose. I didn't notice a big difference until about 25 pounds which was my half way mark.
  • Sabrina__26
    Options
    I noticed a difference quite early on. I think once I'd lost around 10-15 lbs I could definitely see that I'd lost weight but nobody else could tell at all. Now, I've lost just over 20 lbs and so far only once person has noticed :( but again, I can tell a big difference so I'm happy. Still have a way to go yet!
  • 1917Ashley
    1917Ashley Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I've lost 36 pounds and I am JUST now noticing! :(
  • Prisme
    Prisme Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I haven't really noticed either, but I ran into my neighbour who I hadn't seen for about a month, and she asked "are you losing weight?" She said she could see it right away in my face.
  • julimonster
    julimonster Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    At 25 lbs my underwear got noticably saggy:embarassed:
  • miadhail
    miadhail Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    usually at 10 lbs. I noticed it immediately when I compared pictures :)
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    About 10 pounds...
  • Ofaatu
    Ofaatu Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I noticed it when my size 18 shapewear underwear was not holding the fat in lol. Had to go and buy some 16's. And could get into pants I once could not get past my hips. But when I look in the mirror I usually still see myself back where I started. I hope this feeling goes away closer to goal. I wonder if I will ever be happy with my body, even at my goal weight?
  • LollypopGinger
    LollypopGinger Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I've lost 54 pounds, 14% body fat, over 40 inches, dropped 4 clothes sizes and I still don't see a difference
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    25 pounds and no noticeable difference here. I have always bought clothes that are a size bigger to try and "hide" it all, lol what a joke, so I haven't noticed clothes fitting better and when I stand in front of the mirror it all looks the same. I can't wait to see a diff, only one person has even said anything, and he's freakishly observant!

Been taking photos and measurements, hopefully soon I will see change and so will you! I think it will be very motivating.