Pizza!

Options
WeekndOVOXO
WeekndOVOXO Posts: 779 Member
Any pizza recipes that are low in calories?

Replies

• CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I saw pizza and got all excited... totally disappointed. Ok, I'll share my "pizza". I use those sandwich thins and toast them, then spread pizza sauce on them, and cover with roasted or sauteed eggplant, black olives and mozzarella. I can't give calories, because I would just go by what I had room for in my diary as to how much cheese and olives I used.

ETA: I forgot to say I put them back in the toaster oven (or regular oven) to melt the cheese! Derrr. :bigsmile:
  • rwalston86
    rwalston86 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Idk if you cook but if you do you can make your own. Look up recipes for low carb bread/crust. (oopis bread is great for this and super easy)...use low cal pizza sauce and a turkey based meat (Ground Turkey, turkey sausage or whatever) add all the veggies you want and fat free cheese. This is how I make mine and its pretty low call and very filling....If not there are a bunch of frozen diet food brands that carry pizza. I know lean cuisine has one. Good luck.
  • WeekndOVOXO
    Options
    Idk if you cook but if you do you can make your own. Look up recipes for low carb bread/crust. (oopis bread is great for this and super easy)...use low cal pizza sauce and a turkey based meat (Ground Turkey, turkey sausage or whatever) add all the veggies you want and fat free cheese. This is how I make mine and its pretty low call and very filling....If not there are a bunch of frozen diet food brands that carry pizza. I know lean cuisine has one. Good luck.

Any one recipe that you can recommend for the crust?

Sorry for the tease @cupcake
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options

Any one recipe that you can recommend for the crust?

Sorry for the tease @cupcake

You are forgiven. :pizzaforyou:
  • rwalston86
    Options
    Ingredients:
    3 eggs, separated
    3 ounces cream cheese
    1/4 cup dry, grated parmesan cheese
    1/2 tsp cream of tartar
    1/2 tsp garlic powder
    1/2 tsp onion powder
    Your favorite pizza toppings.

Preheat oven to 300 degrees.

Separate your eggs into two bowls. Add to your whites the cream of tartar, and whip until stiff peaks are formed.

Add to your yolks the cream cheese (do not soften,) parmesan cheese, garlic powder and onion powder.

Beat until thorougly blended. Fold your yolk mixture into your whites carefully. If you're using the same mixer, whip your whites first.

When all ingredients are folded together, spread mixture evenly onto a greased pizza pan. Bake for 20-30 minutes until firm and lightly golden.

Now, add your pizza sauce and toppings. Return to the oven and set to broil until all of your toppings are toasty and the cheese is melted.

parmesan cheese, garlic powder and onion powder...are optional
  • rwalston86
    Options
    Oh and if you want to make a bunch of personal size crusts, you can freeze them for later.
  • tbruegg
    tbruegg Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Am I missing something here where is the crust?
  • WeekndOVOXO
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe!
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    We make tortilla pizzas in my house. Any whole gain tortilla as the crust, whatever sauce you prefer and toppings of your choice with cheese. I control the amount of cheese and use lots of vegies, pop in the oven or toaster oven for cheese to melt and enjoy. My kids can have meat, my daughter uses a variety of toppings and I load the vegies! We make these for lunch quite often.
  • mammiehorn
    mammiehorn Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I've always just made mini pizzas with whole wheat english muffins as the crust. :)
  • meg1hirschi
    Options
    Bumpy!!!! Sounds yummy!!!!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Ingredients:
    3 eggs, separated
    3 ounces cream cheese
    1/4 cup dry, grated parmesan cheese
    1/2 tsp cream of tartar
    1/2 tsp garlic powder
    1/2 tsp onion powder
    Your favorite pizza toppings.

Preheat oven to 300 degrees.

Separate your eggs into two bowls. Add to your whites the cream of tartar, and whip until stiff peaks are formed.

Add to your yolks the cream cheese (do not soften,) parmesan cheese, garlic powder and onion powder.

Beat until thorougly blended. Fold your yolk mixture into your whites carefully. If you're using the same mixer, whip your whites first.

When all ingredients are folded together, spread mixture evenly onto a greased pizza pan. Bake for 20-30 minutes until firm and lightly golden.

Now, add your pizza sauce and toppings. Return to the oven and set to broil until all of your toppings are toasty and the cheese is melted.

parmesan cheese, garlic powder and onion powder...are optional

Cream cheese crust? How is this better than whole wheat?
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Am I missing something here where is the crust?

I hear ya! No tortillas or english muffins for me .......

Make your own (super easy) .... roll thin

Fleischmann's Pizza Dough Yeast is ONE step

1 3/4 - 2 1/4 cups of flour
    1 envelope Fleischmann’s® Pizza Yeast
    1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
    3/4 teaspoon salt
    2/3 cup of very warm water (120° to 130° F)
    3 tablespoons oil

Combine 1 cup flour, undissolved yeast, sugar, and salt in a large bowl. Add water and oil. Mix together until well blended; about 1 minute. Add ½ cup flour gradually until dough forms a ball. Add additional flour, if needed, to handle. Spoon dough out of bowl onto floured surface. Dough will be slightly sticky. Knead on floured surface. Knead until dough is smooth and elastic; about 4 minutes.
    Press dough out to fill greased pizza pan. Top as desired with pizza sauce, cheese and toppings. Bake on bottom oven rack at 425° for 12 to 15 minutes until cheese is bubbly and crust is brown.

**** Use whole wheat flour if you like & roll the dough really thin. Toppings - turkey pepperoni is much lower in fat. Use less cheese. Add more veggies. Yum!