Working on the best me...

Options
Somthing changed this past July for me cant quite put my finger on it. Maybe it was seeing a picture of my self from the waist up (not just my face), maybe the bariactric info seminar (which scared me!) or my grandma's passing (she truely lived a full life and here I am probably shortening my life because I am overweight.. actually obese, oh how i hate that word) or just realizing I am not at my best for me or my family. Whichever the reason I know I want this weight off! I would love any support, advice and motivation you have!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• dianavilla78
    Options
    come on! you are on the way!
  • tpt1950
    tpt1950 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    You have made the right step in joining MFP. It's the perfect place to be accountable and get motivated! Remember to take baby steps even if it means taking it day by day or meal by meal. Those small steps, with consistency, do make a substantial difference. When you exercise consistently and make more smart food choices than bad ones - THAT is what will get you the change you want. It is not a fast process, but you CAN do it! Good luck on reaching your health fitness goal!
  • Meriguz
    Meriguz Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies!
  • Sherylmarlee
    Sherylmarlee Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Love your verbiage in your topic line. This journey is all about you. You vs you. One step at a time and one day at a time will get you to a better you than you were the day before. Good luck and welcome. There is great support, motivation, encouragement and the occasional but whooping here. :-))
  • Meriguz
    Meriguz Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks Sherylmarlee! Funny you mentioned "you vs you", I've realized in the last 3 months that I am my own obstacle in so many ways but I will change that too.