mkham40 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dellalyn
    Options
    bump
  • jcatal02
    Options
    go to hungry girl.com and click on tv shows, the chinese food tab has amazing sesame chicken and good egg rolls the chicken for a cup is about 288 in calories, 198 in egg rolls for 2
  • renamarie77
    renamarie77 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Nummy!!
  • mspris2u
    mspris2u Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jazzyali
    jazzyali Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    bump
  • astrylian
    astrylian Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I always just fry up veggies with water instead of oil, but you would have to make sure that you drain them before you add anything to them. Cauliflower is a nice alternative to rice, and it's also a good idea to have your sauce on the side, instead of mixing it within your veggies, that way you have a better idea of how much you are using.
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Chinese food can be very healthy. Just incorporate lean meats and plenty of veggies. Also, make you own sauces rather than using botted - waaayyy fewer calories that way.
  • kelseylou
    kelseylou Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Saving for later! Hubby will be so happy.
  • Faericn_Rising
    Options
    bump
  • laceyfowler
    laceyfowler Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Remember when you are stir frying or sautéing anything to measure out just a small amount of oil. When you dump oil in the pan right from its original container, you often use a lot more than is really necessary.

I usually use coconut oil for almost everything because I looooove it (and rumor has it it's pretty good for you, too) but I also use olive oil. A few days ago I needed to sauté up about 4 cups of onions, plus a little garlic, as the beginning of a soup I was making. I decided to start with just a little oil and add as necessary. So, I started with just one teaspoon (a mere 40 calories worth!) of coconut oil, and.... I didn't even have to add any more!

My experience (with self and friends) is that when pouring oil into a pan, it ends up being at least 1-2 tablespoons in there... when at least in my little example there from earlier this week, that would be 3-6 times more oil than necessary.

Sorry this is somewhat off-topic, but I think it's a really important thing to keep in mind when cooking on the stovetop in general, whether Chinese food or otherwise :-) It sure makes the calorie-counting less painful in the end!
  • mariannesalv
    Options
    Bump
  • TeriLynnSpano
    TeriLynnSpano Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    All these recipes sound DELICIOUS!!!!!:love: