FOOD MATTERS - great book! By Mark Bittman

Options
I just started reading a book called FOOD MATTERS by Mark Bittman. Its really well written and explains food and the american food industry really well. Anyone else read it? It basically says eat "green" and save the earth while you are at it. Also, I like his approach because he says everything is okay, as long as you cut down sugars, animal fats and eat more plants, grains, legumes etc. Through this lifestyle change, Mark lost weight, his cholesterol went down, he's not diabetic and blood pressure also was in check. He changed his life forever.

Anyone else like/dislike the book? Would love to hear your inputs!

Replies

• mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Is this the same one that was on Oprah?
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Nope, some other guy.
  • catherine1979
    catherine1979 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I haven't read this one, but I really like Mark Bittman. I'll have to pick it up.
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I like Mark Bittman too- I read alot of his articles- esp. the ones in Runner's World. I also like Marion's Nestle's What to Eat and Food Inc. is a movie I've seen waaay too many times, considering it is a documentary. It is interesting to start thinking where our food comes from, eh?
  • innerhottie
    innerhottie Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I love all of those books... a real eye opener. Read Fast Food Nation... It will scare the crap out of you!