Hellllppp meeee pleeeaaasssseeee!

Options
Please motivate me! I just can not get back into exercising and watching what i eat! I just seem to be permamently tired and feel run down which makes me want to just have a bath and go to bed once my kids are asleep not doing my workout dvds! Im also crap with my eating at the mo. I skip breakfast as i m busy sorting two kids out. I miss lunch somedays as i am a full time teacher and my workload has dramatically increased so my lunch break is a working one. Then when i get home, see to the kids, get them into bed Im wrecked! I just grab a quick tea, usually something like noodles, or jacket potato with a filling, have a bath then go to bed! I know that this is bad for me. I know im tired because im not fuelling my body but I just cant do it :sad:

Replies

• amuchison
    amuchison Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    U can DO IT!! But u have to want it!! I have 3 boys who r 5,3 and 2 and it takes work to put me first and focus on my WL journey but its a must!! For me to be around longer for them. If your children had a project.to do u would tell them to give it 100% and do their absolute best!! Why r u any diff..be the example more is caught than taught u know what to do JUST DO IT!!;)
  • georgygirl
    georgygirl Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I was the same as you a few weeks ago, no motivation, eating junk then I hurt my back again and realised if I don't do something about my weight I won't get any better. I work full time as a carer doing split shifts so my eating pattern was up the wall. So I decided to keep a diary hence MFP because I knew it was the only way to keep myself motivated. I know it's easy to say this but you need to keep track of things. I have a problem doing the exercise I want to so I am concentrating on my food intake at the mo but I know with determination I can do it and so can you. Sit down work out what you want and go for it, we are all behind you

Mo :flowerforyou:
  • thoseblueeyes
    thoseblueeyes Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Way to go Amuchison!!! LOL wow she is awesome! I also agree with her you can do this but you have to put yourself first. Something you might want to try is to pre pack your meals ahead of time so you can grab and go . I also pre pack my lunch meat and cheese into 2 oz bags or 1 oz bags ( cheese is the 1 oz) I find it for me, if I can organize my meals I can stay on my diet better. It also cuts down on my time trying to weigh everything out when making a salad or sandwich. As for working out start out small. Try doing 15 mins here and 15 mins there of any cardio. If your watching TV make it a point that during the commericals you have to jog in place or run up and down your stairs. I hope this helps you. You really can do this!
  • Eraggon
    Options
    I'm like one good day and I loose it again for one week, why can't i just have some control over what I eat... I hate the feeling of giving up, not bothering, because i just can't pick my self up, yes one day and I binge again. Why is there no friends on myfitnesspal?
  • sarah5423
    sarah5423 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    How about trying to get back into one thing at a time, for example start with food and your diet. I try to make things in bulk, for example I cooked up a big batch of baked oatmeal on Sunday and this has lasted me all week for work breakfast, portion it out and you can eat it cold or warm it in the micro. For lunch I cooked a few chicken breasts, some quinoa and pumpkin to last the week, then throw together with other salad items for work lunch which I eat whilst working at my desk. Snacks are raw carrots, Greek yoghurt, strawberries etc things I can throw together quickly and prepare in advance. Stir fry's are a quick and healthy evening meal, I buy frozen veg that I can throw in the micro to go with dinners and use liquid egg whites to make up omelettes or scrambled eggs. Maybe if you concentrate first on healthy eating which will fuel your body you'll then have the energy and want to add in exercise. Jillian michaels 30DS is 20 minutes and a great workout, how about taking the kids for a walk before dinner some form of exercise is better than nothing. You can do this, just take each day and improve on the last! Best of luck to you x
  • maddiejonich
    Options
    Thank you all so, so much. You have given me just want I needed! I shall get the workout gear on as soon as kids are in bed and hammer the ripped in 30 dvd! xxxxx
  • mramsdell
    mramsdell Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Ugh! Mine is more pathetic. I have gained about 23 pounds since I joined on here. I haven't been on in months and haven't done any real exercise in months. Today, us girls at work have decided to start our own Biggest Loser type thing. We each put in some money and at the end of the month, whoever loses the largest percentage of their body weight will get all of the money. Then we will do it again the next month. That does help motivate me. But I think the biggest motivation I got was when I tried to have sex with my husband and felt totally miserable because I so easily got all out of breath. That is NOT ok. I am a big fan of breakfast sandwiches and today I went and got me some Special K breakfast sandwiches, and OMG they are really good. And QUICK. So I can take one to work and toss it in the microwave for breakfast. I, too, even though I am home for a few hours in the middle of the day, find it hard to exercise. I hate doing it at night because I would have to do it in front of my husband, and well, Im just totally ashamed of how I look. So I am starting today with healthier eating, tomorrow I wont be home for a few hours, but am doing a bus trip so should at least be able to walk while I am there, then when I get home if my husband is not home perhaps I will do a workout then.

You are NOT alone, trust me. I will be here needing motivation as well..so maybe we can help each other. After all, thats what this is all about, right lol.
  • pears734
    pears734 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    First, go to Costco or Sam's Club and pick yourself up a bulk box of protein bars. I love the brand Zone Perfect, but there may be healthier ones for meal replacement. Put a box in your car and somewhere you can access them at work (purse or desk). This way, if you are too busy to get an actual meal, at least you are getting some kind of nutrition in your body. The reason why it is so bad to skip meals is because your body goes into starvation mode. Some people think that simply not eating is a good way to lose weight, but actually eating on a regular basis is really important. When your body goes into starvation mode, it takes up and stores a lot of extra fat when you do finally eat, because it is not sure when it will get its next meal and wants to be able to sustain itself if you skip meals again.

Also, going to the gym may seem like a huge time commitment, and once you get done with your day, you probably just want to lay down and watch some TV, but I promise you, that going to the gym can be a WONDERFUL experience. I am no workout junkie. I workout at 9 a.m. four days a week, and until I get there, I contemplate whether or not I really want to go. Your workouts do not have to be strenuous. You can simply walk or do a light jog for a half hour. Something is better than nothing. It clears your mind, works stress out of your mind and body, and if you have a Kindle, ipod, ipad, or something of the sort, you can get Netflix and watch movies or a TV show while you workout. That is what I do. It makes me feel better about watching entire seasons of episodes. Plus, you get away from your kids and work for awhile. It is good personal time, if you do it right. TV makes it so much less of a chore. Even if you don't have any little gadgets, most gyms have TVs, so you can watch whatever is playing. Oh, and working means you can eat more and still stay under your calorie goal. Who doesn't want to eat more without feeling guilty, right?

For motivational sake, get friends on here and force yourself to read all of the awesome things your friends do everyday. If they can do it, so can you. Also, GET A PINTEREST ACCOUNT. It seems silly, but I go on there when I am losing motivation. Skip the food section, because that will only make you want to eat fatty stuff, and select the Health and Fitness pins under Categories. There you will see workouts, motivation pictures, motivational quotes, and it all makes you want to workout and be healthy, so that you can feel good about yourself. It works for me every time.

I wish you all the best! Remember to find motivation in doing it for yourself. Don't focus it on other people. You want to feel good. You want to have more self-confidence. You want to end your days with a smile on your face, because you know you worked hard to look amazing.
  • buckleten
    buckleten Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    You sound like me! I have a full time job with an hour's commute and two young children, also skip breakfast and find it near impossible to want to exercise in the evenings! Added to which I find that though I can be good with what I eat during the day, I am far too easily tempted to snack once they are in bed...!
  • Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I've joined a boot camp class that meets twice a week. It's hard to over eat if you know it'll make you sick while doing boot camp and it's hard to skip a class if you know the other participants will call you out on FB and/or in class if you arent there. : ) There's great motivation in groups. This class is a 6 week commitment so it's not too long and then it changes to something else.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m9q7s5MAqY1r95jeco1_400.gif

^ motivates me.

Reminds me this is something I have to fight for and fighting means fighting. Fighting doesnt mean hoping, wishing or half-assing- fighting is fighting. Im fighting for what I want.
  • maddiejonich
    Options
    Thank you all so, so much. I'm touched that so many people have spent their time in replying to me. You really are great and have given me the kick up the *kitten* that I needed! I really hope I can return the favour in the future and help you guys. You're awesome. Thank you so much again
    Sarah xxxxxxxxxx:smile:
  • PattyC64
    PattyC64 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have 3 kids and work full time with an hour's commute each way. I learned a long time ago that the only time of the day that is consistent is early morning before anyone else gets up. I had to bite the bullet and force myself out of bed before 5 (I am NOT a morning person). I don't have to worry about my husband being late and not having him to watch the kids, no body needed me to be any where, and no one bothered me. Plus, I work out before my shower, so I don't have to worry about a second shower, so it saves time.

It can be miserable at first, but imagine getting to work and having your exercise out of the way. You won't be going the whole day stressing about getting it in.
  • maddiejonich
    Options
    :smile: Do you know what...I'm going to give that a try! Most mornings I wake at 5,30 as my son gets up at the time roughly. I ll aim for 5am....I'll et you know how I go. You're right tho...it'll be out of the way then won't it? My hubby works nights so won't have to worry about him seeing me !
  • stoopey
    Options
    yes you can..
  • stoopey
    Options
    I feel like i really struggle to keep up the fight, but its not the measure of success, but the number of times you reach out and get back up. Yes you can. Sorry , my other message didn't get posted the way it was intended too. I'm sorry. This is what I meant to write. You're doing great!
  • LMT2012
    LMT2012 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Start with the food quality, and the exercise will follow when your energy is better. Consider getting a pedometer and counting your steps in a normal day. Aim to bump it up 10% per week. Good luck
  • goldie10b
    goldie10b Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Its great to read all the motivating comments...Im getting back on track too!! I just gotta get the exercise outta the way first thing in the morning too,like someone just mentioned I think that is KEY!!!
  • faceoff4
    faceoff4 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me if you like and need help with motivation. I have been on the site almost 2 years continuous and workout every single day like its a normal routine like sleeping and eating. Your lack of time issue is a hard one that most people have to juggle with and it makes it hard to find the time and energy for sure. You seem like it is something you really want to get back on track with and the members of this community are fantastic for adding support and motivation along the way. So just lean on your friends here and they will help you to get your fitness and nutrition back on track. Good luck!
  • cdiele
    cdiele Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am a full time teacher too! I totally understand the demands of your job, but I've found the only workout time for me is 4;45am. I am usually tired at that time, but once I get going on the elliptical I feel much better. When I am finished I feel awake, motivated and much more really to handle the demands of my day........the days I sleep in and skip my work out are usually the days I have a terrible day at work. Exercise really makes a difference in your whole attitude....Just do it!