Hello fellow weight loss seekers...

Options
This site is like an answer to my Prayer!!! I was looking for a non judgement place to begin my journey to a Healthy Lifestyle. I have spent most of my life eating what I wanted and not paying the price with the extra pounds. 3 kids later, school, office job....reality TV...I have spent waaaay to much time on my butt in the last 4 years....and bless his heart, a husband who tells me he loves my at any weight...then proceeds to go buy me chocolate, to which I have no self control!!! I am now tipping the scales at a # that I can barely stand to look at and want to change. I am currently working on quitting smoking, haven't quit quite yet...but am down to about 3/day...so I'm getting a handle on it.

I want to love looking at myself again...I want to go shopping and not have to go into the 1x section....Being able to log my food everyday keeps me aware of what I'm eating, and if I use up my calories I exercise and get more so I can eat dinner!!!

Thanks for creating this site....thanks for the support and encouragement....I'll post before and afters when I reach my goal!!! (can I do that on here??):flowerforyou:

Replies

• TwentyTen
    Options

Thanks for creating this site....thanks for the support and encouragement....I'll post before and afters when I reach my goal!!! (can I do that on here??):flowerforyou:

Of course you can! Welcome to MFP. You are not alone, it's a great site filled with wonderful people. :happy:
  • KatiesRunnersHigh
    Options
    This site is awesome. A person at my job told me to check out c25k.com (couch potato to 5k in 30 days) and this was added to the site. I got my sister hooked today too; she already added the app to her Iphone. She is always constantly asking me, 'how many calories do you think this is...?" and so on, so this site is perfect for her. And for me, it keeps me motivated by educating me further on how to better reach my goals. It is nice to see the words, "If you keep this up, you'll be so and so many lbs in 5 weeks!". Serious motivation <3.
    Thanks ! ! !
  • gailwyn
    Options
    This site IS an answer to a lot of people's prayers. I love how positive everybody on here is and how encouraging they all are as well. I heard one person say on here recently that "dieting isn't for the faint-hearted" and its totally true. It is so much easier to bear and stick with it if you know there are others in the same boat as you, dealing with all the same emotions, temptations and frustrations. This site makes it so easy to keep track of everything all in one place, as well as give you an avenue to meet new people who are changing their lives as you change yours. Best of luck, not just with the fitness goals, but with the quitting smoking too. (I'm trying both as well).
  • sportsqueen32
    Options
    I have the healthy eating down, and I have promised my fiance when I reach my GW I will quit smoking. There is no way I could do both at the same time. Good Luck on your journey to a new healthy way of living. Remember we are not "dieting", we are making a lifestyle change. Like any road there are bumps, for every bump there is a 20 mile stretch bump free. ( I just made that up btw...lol)