What do you log 30DS as?

Options
I can't decide what I should note it down as on MFP.

Her official app says for my weight Level 2 burns 248 cals.

That seems a little high to me, I've seen it marked a lot lower online but I'm marking it as 'aerobics low effort' at the minute, burning
152 cals and that seems like an understatement. :grumble:

What does everyone else do?

Replies

• aeros88
    aeros88 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how to answer your question but I am interested in your opinion on the video. I joined a gym but I'm looking for something I can do at home on the weekends instead of driving out to the gym. Have you noticed any improvements?
  • PrincessNikkiBoo
    PrincessNikkiBoo Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Hi Aero,

I highly recommend the 30DS - highly effective for a 27 min work out.

I'm on Level 2 now and from Level 1 I dropped a fair few pounds and have had about an inch from my stomach and arms so far.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    u can log it as circuit training

if you are not using a HRM , a good estimate for calories burned while doing something like the 30DS is about 7-9 calories a minute
  • PrincessNikkiBoo
    Options
    u can log it as circuit training

if you are not using a HRM , a good estimate for calories burned while doing something like the 30DS is about 7-9 calories a minute

Great guideline - thanks I didn't know that. I've logged it as 20 minutes circuit training as it burns around 7 cals a minute.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Generally any workout program that revolves around doing a lot of moderate intensity resistance training with very little to rest, transitioning immediately or shortly from one exercise to the next, you log as circuit training. However you'll only get a rough estimate at best. To be as accurate as possible subtract the time devoted to warmup, cooldown, and rest periods. And you should only use this to tide you over until you get a heart rate monitor such as a polar FT4/7 or Timex Road. These tools really are musts for people actively logging their workouts.
  • aeros88
    aeros88 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi Aero,

I'm on Level 2 now and from Level 1 I dropped a fair few pounds and have had about an inch from my stomach and arms so far.

Thanks, I will pick up a copy and give it a shot.

-Shawn
  • LessLikeHer
    Options
    Bumping! I am wondering this too, as well as how to figure out calories burned for each level? Anyone know?
  • LadyVeng3ance
    LadyVeng3ance Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Hi Aero,

Thanks, I will pick up a copy and give it a shot.

-Shawn

Its also on youtube, so you dont have to buy it :)
  • PrincessNikkiBoo
    Options
    Generally any workout program that revolves around doing a lot of moderate intensity resistance training with very little to rest, transitioning immediately or shortly from one exercise to the next, you log as circuit training. However you'll only get a rough estimate at best. To be as accurate as possible subtract the time devoted to warmup, cooldown, and rest periods. And you should only use this to tide you over until you get a heart rate monitor such as a polar FT4/7 or Timex Road. These tools really are musts for people actively logging their workouts.

Thanks, will pop it in as 20 mins circuit training, that way at least I'm not over estimating.