swimming and weight loss

Options
2»

Replies

• inatay7
    inatay7 Posts: 141
    Options
    It doesn't really answer your question but I always used swimming as more of a toning exercise than actual weight-loss, it just firms it all up. Now I'll let others answer what you asked lol.

Well yea it does answer my question really because im like skinny fat its more toning i need hips and arms especially

Just an aside, there's no such thing as "toning." Muscles get bigger or smaller. Fat gets bigger or smaller. Swimming intensely will help you make your fat smaller so your muscles are more visible. Just make sure you're doing some weight training so your muscle mass doesn't disappear along with fat mass from too much cardio (you said you're skinny fat, so be aware of this). "Toned" is a word made up by the fitness community to appeal to women who shy away from weights because they are afraid to get bulky (despite the fact that 99.99999% of them are physically and chemically incapable of ever getting bulky without anabolic steroids and 6k calorie diets).

Well put. Never knew how to put it in words for girls who are afraid of becoming muscle women