Starting Something New!

Options
Hi! I'm ready to incorporate exercise into a daily routine. I'm on my feet most of the day, but I do not use my time wisely and am not crazy about going to the gym after work. I like to come home and have a glass of wine, and then my motivation just goes out the window! I want to starting walking just to enjoy the fresh air. Any advice and encouragement would be greatly appreciated! I look forward to this new journey! :smile:

Replies

• Tofuheart
    Tofuheart Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I'm starting the same thing this week. I'm used to going to the gym but when I first started out I used to go for walks in the evening around my neighbourhood. I started with 20 minutes and then up to 45 minutes. I listened to my iPod at times. It seems to make the time go by quick.

Have fun! :smile:
  • turin
    turin Posts: 14
    Options
    Hi

I'll tell you something I do. Once I reach home, I see my son and then I never have the heart to pop out again for a walk when I could be spending time with him.

What I do instead is that I get off from the cab about 3-4 miles before my house and walk down the rest of the way. That way, once I am home, I have no pressure to get in any exercise, and I feel so much better having dinner since I have already burned some calories.

Hope that helps.

Best Regards,

Turin