vibrating plates

Options
Does anyone use the vibrating plate? I bought the Crazy fit Vibe Pro and am starting at 10mins x 2 @ 35 speed, can't tell how many calories burned. It helps my circulation so I'm getting some benefit from it.

Replies

• pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    No, but I have tried them before. Would love to hear if it is working for you long term!
  • ajfc1971
    ajfc1971 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I use one in the gym for 20 to 30 mins at a time. You have to do exercises whilst your doing it. Standing still is no good. I enjoy it. Give it ago.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    They just revamped an old scam.

It isn't going to bring results. Get out there an excercise.
  • levstein
    Options
    I use mine to jog on! I should have got a treadmill lol I don't know what exercises to do with it without making a racket as I have a neighbour downstairs.
  • Mistyblu08
    Mistyblu08 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    They just revamped an old scam.

It isn't going to bring results. Get out there an excercise.

I kind of have to agree with him...brings to mind the old belt shaker of old...my aunt had one....never did a darn thing for her...as far as circulation....walking, biking, swimming and massage etc get the blood moving too plus you get the benefits of serotonin and muscle/skin toning which I dont think you would get from just being shaken around. sorry :(
  • queensturg
    Options
    We have one at the gym I go to. There's a five-minute time limit to use it though. I don't use it for exercise, but now and then after a workout I'll get on it and use it on the massage settings, just for the health benefits if it really is making a difference for your muscles after a workout, and to improve circulation and all of that it says that it does.
  • Monze1
    Monze1 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I tried one for a few months, I was really into and keen to try something new.
    I use to use light free weights while on it, and resistance bands but didn't really have any results from doing so. I was doing 20 mins every other day, and honestly, I found it pretty boring. But that's just my opinion on it all!