How long did it take to reach GOAL?

Options
2idjane
2idjane Posts: 20 Member
Hi everyone! I'm curious as to how long it took people to get to their goal weight? I know the process is slow but just how slow?!?! I'm in need of some motivation =p

Replies

• lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I'm a 5' 11" man, 41 yo, I was 250+ (I don't really know, i was afraid to weigh myself) in September 2011. I'm currently 207lbs, and I think I am on track to him my goal of 199lbs by the end of the year.
    I haven't always been on the right path, however. Just like everyone else, I made baby steps, and fell off the wagon a few times. I think In April of 2012 I was about 240lbs, when I began a pretty consistent diet and exercise plan.

So to answer your question, (if everything goes well) it will have taken me about 14 months to lose 50 lbs.
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    30 pounds in 1 year.
  • rubyjune27
    rubyjune27 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I am not quite at goal yet. 41lbs in 9 months. I have 5 lbs to go. I had holidays off from losing, I had a week/10 day break every 12weeks. This works out at approximately 1lb a week. I wasn't prepared to be as hungry as I would have needed to have lost faster. I ate 1500 cals a day irrespective of what exercise I did. Now I do 5:2 fasting.
  • slimfitnessmoms
    slimfitnessmoms Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Hi! It took me 2 1/2 months to lose 20 LBS! I went hard core...All or nothing for me.
    Used MFP and did Insanity workout religiously!
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    wow that is amazing..... the less you have to lose for most will take longer. For me i had 20-25 lbs to lose and i have hit 22lbs and it's been a year. It's been super slow and steady... never have lost more then 2.5 lbs a month and most months 1-1.5 i still have 3 lbs to go and i think i will hit that by the end of the year and if i do it took me 14 months to lose 25 lbs.
  • pegsum
    pegsum Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Lin7604' I'm like that too. Slowest loser ever. That's why I tend to give up, because I lose 2 pounds in a month if I'm lucky. I'm determined to keep with it.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    my goal is to be healthy for the rest of my life, so I'm kinda hoping that it'll take another 60 years to reach it. As far as losing weight, I'm down 136 and have another 20 or 30 lbs to go. I started in February of this year.
  • Colstriper
    Colstriper Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    my goal is to be healthy for the rest of my life, so I'm kinda hoping that it'll take another 60 years to reach it. As far as losing weight, I'm down 136 and have another 20 or 30 lbs to go. I started in February of this year.

Holy crap! Did you cut off a leg to drop that much! Great job.
  • been285
    been285 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    My FIRST 50 lb = about 7 months...
    35 weeks * 1.5 lb avg
    7 lbs a month
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options

Holy crap! Did you cut off a leg to drop that much! Great job.

No, I was at 337lbs when I started. I was eating a ridiculous amount of food. I cut that amount, ate good foods, and exercised... just all of the stuff that I should have been doing all my life. Thanks just the same. Folks ask me "how in the world did you do that?" often. They never believe the diet and exercise response, so I've been opting in other responses.. "Gypsy curse" and "cotton ball and vodka diet" seems to get the best reactions.
  • FemininGuns
    FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and it took me 10 months to go from 157 to 107 for a Body Building competition... Now it was hard work and strict but all well worth it!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I reached my initial goal weight of 135 (25 pounds lost) in six months. Since then, I stopped having a goal weight and track my progress through photos instead.
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    I lost 104lbs in a year I'm not at goal yet i have another 60lbs to go hope this helps
  • tania2287
    tania2287 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I started in December 2011 and down 55lbs now 19th October 2012. Have about another 20lbs to go, so l am working at it to be finished around December 2012. I gave myself 12 months to lose all the weight.
  • DeannaPaige1
    DeannaPaige1 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    my first goal was 145lbs. I just hit that a month ago. I had a 50lb loss in 7 months. I have 10lbs to until until i reach my ultimate!
  • NomNomCupcakes
    NomNomCupcakes Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Several months! I have been on here for exactly a year though. So a little less than a year.
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Started last Dec...... still reaching.... have not lost a ton of weight even though I need to, however.... I have down 4 pant sizes in 10 months
  • wormstrup14
    Options
    I had 68 pounds to lose. I lost the first 60 in 5 months, and it took me four months to lose the last 8. So nine months total
  • m60kaf
    m60kaf Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    ??5 years on and off even though theoretically I could have done the fat in a year and the muscle gain in 2 max

However, I think the longer it takes the more sustainable it is, loose a lot of weight quick and you don't get the skills to keep it off.

Eating slightly under is automatic to me now... and I am a pro a goal post moving
  • applebobbrush
    applebobbrush Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I have lost 33lbs, 30lb here on MFP and 3lb before I started, in just about a year. It's been really slow, I've not been eating as healthy as I could. I am still going strong though and would love to drop another 10 or so. Depending on how I feel and look at 155 I will reevaluate at that time. Don't give up, yes it takes a while but if you are doing this the healthy way and changing habits it will be well worth the time and effort for the rest of your life.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!