Wanting to be friends with C25K participants

Options
I started today. I would love to be friends with fellow C25K participants.

Replies

• Madein1971
    Options
    I started the C25k last week and did my 3rd run week 1 yesterday.
    Am 41 and 230lb so am doing my running inside on a treadmil to minimise impact on my dodgy ankles
    Tomorrow I start Week 2 so will have the doors to outside open and plenty of water on hand, lol

Have sent a friend request and would be happy to have more C25k friends too :^)
    Nicola
  • rnhoppe
    rnhoppe Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Will be starting week 5 next week. (Fighting a chest cold right now so I took a week off). Feel free to send me a friend request! :)
  • tinad120
    tinad120 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Rounding out week three! Feel free to add! :)
  • AEB_WV
    AEB_WV Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I've completed C25K and am working on a 'graduate' program.
  • DesignGrrl
    DesignGrrl Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Finishing up Week 5! Feel free to add!
  • newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a C25K type plan that I'm basically making up myself as I go (entirely because I forgot to print out the schedule). I'm on my 6th day as of today. I'm doing it on a treadmill and I'm up to alternating 2min at 4mph and 2min at 6mph but I might jump on the treadmill plan here: http://www.c25k.com/c25k_treadmill.html

Feel free to add me!

ETA: Just some background. I did this for a few weeks running outside in the spring/summer of this year. When I started, 30sec at a jog was killing me. Now I'm in my 2nd week of doing it on the treadmill at the gym and up to 2min of running.
  • Madein1971
    Options
    Due for my 2nd run of week 2 tomorrow and am actually looking forward to it :)
    If I run in the morning I find I have so much more energy until at least mid-day
    (way to go bonus results)

Andy I hope your runs are going well and it's getting easier for you too, let us know how you're getting on :)
  • thebuz
    thebuz Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I am doing Week 3 Day 1 tomorrow morning. I have been getting up twice a week at 4:30 in the morning to fit the runs in and surprisingly loving it!!!! :-) I am in no way a morning person but it's awesome to be outdoors when the rest of the world is still a sleep and then having the run over and done with for the day. Fighting a cold right now so this week may get repeated but happy to be doing this with so many others here on this forum.
  • lrazzo
    lrazzo Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I finished C25k in the spring and ran my first 5k in April. A tough one but I've run 3 others since. Still working at being a better running but if you have any questions I made it through and would be happy to help.
  • Madein1971
    Options
    Day 2 of week 2 completed this morning, was a little slower on the initial warm up but faster on the runs once I'd got into the swing of it. Total run was 2.5k but had 2 mins of extra walking to get to the 2.5 :^)
    Nic x
  • thebuz
    Options
    Week 3 Day 1 tackled. Once again my head was telling me there was no way I could run for 3 minutes but lo and behold I was wrong again. Just like I was wrong in the first two weeks. I did it. It was tough but I did it so on to the next 2 runs for this week. I always find Day 1 of each week the toughest mentally but once I've done it all excuses are out of the window for the next two runs. If I can do it once I can do it again!!!! Hope everyone is trucking along.
  • Lindseyelizabeth87
    Lindseyelizabeth87 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm on Week 3 Day 3!

To TheBuz- I felt the exact same when I read 3 minutes! I didn't think it was at all possible.
    Last night when I did the second one, I still had energy so I looped back and re-did W1D1 on top of it.

I am still cringing looking at Week 4 though!
  • thebuz
    Options
    I'm on Week 3 Day 3!

To TheBuz- I felt the exact same when I read 3 minutes! I didn't think it was at all possible.
    Last night when I did the second one, I still had energy so I looped back and re-did W1D1 on top of it.

I am still cringing looking at Week 4 though!

LOL. Looking ahead is what does my head in. I have learned this is a 90% mental and 10% physical challenge. My body will do it and it's my mind I'm battling every run to move forward. Do you find that your attitude is shifting a bit now you're on to week 4? I find that I am believing in the program and myself more which is really empowering.
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 2 years removed from the C25K progam; I would recommend it to anyone! Feel free to add me!
  • journalistjen
    journalistjen Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I'm not the strictest follower, but I've run three 5k races now, and I'm thinking about training for a 10k and doing some speed work.
  • chunkiedunker
    chunkiedunker Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    i finished up week 3 day 3 last night. week 4 looks killer. but something ive always done since starting. i dont do the cool down when they tell me. i downloaded the app that tells me when to run and walk. when it says cool down, i jog again for 1.5 mins then walk for 1.5 mins then jog 2 mins. when she says completed is when i do my 5 min cooldown.

last night though my right knee was bothering me from the start. i pushed thru it but at a slower pace then normal. when i hit cooldown mode i really thought i was going to collapse but i started to jog again, and before i knew it, i heard her say completed. i ran the entire 5 min cooldown. it felt great. but when i looked ahead of week 4. YIKES.
  • amez1974
    amez1974 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm a C25k graduate and I ran a couple of 5k races over the summer. It's a great program! I'm starting it with two of my kids today - we'll see how it goes :) If anyone wants to add me, feel free!

Best of luck to everyone starting for the first time or the 10th time!
  • lmeasterling
    lmeasterling Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Just started up on Week 6 today! It's hard but most worthwhile things are! Stick with it...I know I will be! Feel free to add me. :)
  • Chrissiecurit
    Chrissiecurit Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Starting week 4 tonight.... Feel free to add me... if I make it through alive! lol
  • estepicursor
    estepicursor Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Finished C25K in December 2010---great program. I am still running today. Stick with it!