New to mfp

Options
Hi everyone, I signed up for mfp quite a while ago but never really dug in. I'm coming back with new commitment and intend to be a daily user and get the most out of the site. I'm still learning how to plug in and really get involved so any tips are welcome!

Replies

• buckleten
    buckleten Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Hi! You can add me if you like? I am new to this, and still finding my way around the site.. I need all the motivation I can get, I hate exercise and like food too much! But, I am newly determined to lose the weight I want to lose, so if there are more people like me out there please add me!
  • chrst793
    chrst793 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Joined just yesterday so all the tips, tricks and friends are welcome for me as well. We can help each other out, if you would like to add me.
  • babygurl6982
    Options
    you can add me if you like Im somewhat new been at this for bout a month now
  • worshiptheking148
    Options
    feel free to add me :)
  • MacrosGirl
    MacrosGirl Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone,

I have been with MFP for a couple of months now and have lost 20 lbs. I'm looking to lose the last 5 - 10 very stubborn lbs and would enjoy having the company.

Carrie
  • jaimepatricia
    Options
    Thanks guys! Looking forward to taking this journey with some new friends :)
  • jrbb03092
    jrbb03092 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)

I went away for a while too but came back at the beginning of September with renewed dedication.
  • LMick1986
    LMick1986 Posts: 431
    Options
    One tip I have: I've noticed a lot of people click the "Complete This Entry" button after putting in their first meal of the day. That actually should not be clicked until the end of the night, when you are completely done doing anything. If you click it, it will post to your status bar and say you are under your calorie goal. That means it's not taking in everything you are actually taking in....so you aren't getting an accurate count of everything. Good luck with everything!
  • Blown_Away1
    Blown_Away1 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)
  • jaimepatricia
    Options
    Thanks for the tip LMick :) I'm sure it would have taken me a while to figure that out! Lol
  • APBTChampion
    APBTChampion Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm newer to MFP, but not new to the weight loss world... feel free to add me, if for no other reason than getting some additional kudos to keep you motivated and strong!
  • ChrissME
    ChrissME Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I just joined today and would love to have some new friends. Add me too!
  • DivaMoe40
    DivaMoe40 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! Looking forward to taking this journey with some new friends :)

I just celebrated my 85th day. I'm still not an expert, but any of you are more that welcome to add me and I would be happy to be a part of your support team. It is a great site and I have accomplished a lot of goals with my MFP network.
  • zimmera
    zimmera Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I joined MFP on May 29th and have lost 16 lbs, I'm taking it pretty slow, but that way I feel like I'm not depriving myself of all the things I love to eat lol! I've started walking/running as well, and getting a little faster:)