Struggling

Options
I had weight loss surgery in 2003 and lost about 150 pounds. It wasn't easy, but somehow I had the willpower. I have now gained about 35 pounds back and the scales keep rising. I so don't want to be that person I used to be, but I'm having so much trouble with sticking to a plan. I'm going to give this a try. Surely, it would seem I could lose that 35 pounds again instead of waiting until I have 150 to lose again. I need help!!!

Replies

• melbhall
    melbhall Posts: 519
    Options
    You CAN do it! This site offers so much support, that's what keeps me going. Don't let yourself gain back the 150. It will be so much easier for you to lose this 35 then it will be 150 and you deserve to be healthy! You can add me as a friend if you want, I enjoy lending support and motivation because I know how much it has helped me!
  • jaysen05
    jaysen05 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You can do it. You lost 150 LBS in the past, so 35 will be much easier. Develope your plan and stick with it. YOU CAN DO IT!!!
  • jarce1408
    Options
    Yes you CAN do this! Focus back on the concepts you first practiced . . . use proper portion control. Eat frequently using small portions. You should eat until the point of satisfaction . . . not until you are "full" or stuffed. Move more! Don't overwhelm yourself either. Focus on making TWO positive choices per day as related to food and/or exercise and the benefits will continue to add up! Best of luck to you.
  • lt_mrcook
    lt_mrcook Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    You will find this site amazing. It gives you a great plan, and you can see in advance how much damage that snack you want to have is before you actually eat it.

What you really need to do is change. The surgery was a great way to start, but if you keep eating the same way, and the same things, and the same ammounts you'll be right back where you started.

Grab the small book (booklet really) "Food Rules" by Michael Pollan. Start of by following a couple of them, and you'll start to see changes. Then add a couple more. Just remember you don't get to eat as much as you want just becauses it's healthier food.

I'd recommend by starting with High Fructose Corn Syrup. Get every drop of it out of your home. Avoind it like the swin flu (I think it's actually worse, more like ebola) at work and pay attention on the RARE occasions you might go out to eat.

Good luck and YOU CAN DO IT! If you want it, you'll find a way to make it happen. God Bless.
  • cjddiscover
    Options
    You are going to make mistakes -- the beauty of the food journal is to just add it in and compensate --
    One must remember to be honest -- and diligent with entering. We all are tempted and occasionally give in. Accepting that aspect of oneself with compassion and compensating is (I think) a much happier road to success. I also use the "small pant" strategy. I buy 1 pair of inexpensive small pants and try them on often until they fit ( I rarely weigh myself). This slightly shifts the focus from numbers to visual satisfaction which works for me. Good luck -- you are not alone in this effort!
  • jday53405
    Options
    150 pounds is just awesome. Don't let it slip, it isn't to late!!! Just find a plan you can enjoy, and it will come back down.
  • cjddiscover
    Options
    I forgot to say how I earned about this site-- I started taking an online class "Lose weight and keep it off" through "www.ed2go.com" It's an easy 6 week course with lots of information concerning all aspects of healthy eating. The instructor says that some students loose up to 20 lbs during the class! Not me but I learned alot and am losing slowly but steadily.
    It may be helpful for you!