How long did it take to reach GOAL?

Options
2»

Replies

• CBrook04
    CBrook04 Posts: 107
    Options
    my goal is to be healthy for the rest of my life, so I'm kinda hoping that it'll take another 60 years to reach it. As far as losing weight, I'm down 136 and have another 20 or 30 lbs to go. I started in February of this year.

Holy crap! Did you cut off a leg to drop that much! Great job.

No, I was at 337lbs when I started. I was eating a ridiculous amount of food. I cut that amount, ate good foods, and exercised... just all of the stuff that I should have been doing all my life. Thanks just the same. Folks ask me "how in the world did you do that?" often. They never believe the diet and exercise response, so I've been opting in other responses.. "Gypsy curse" and "cotton ball and vodka diet" seems to get the best reactions.

LOL! Too funny! Congrats on your tremendous loss.
  • bearsmom82
    bearsmom82 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    lost 40 pounds and four sizes in 7 months:smile:
  • rainghirl
    rainghirl Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    It took me 7 months. I lost 22 lbs and dropped a clothes size (or 2) - was aiming for 21. It went quite fast at first, but then slowed down. I started on Fitday, but moved to MFP when I came back off holiday and had a last 7lbs to lose.

I started at 169lbs at the end of April and this week I'm 147lbs, was a UK size 14/16 at the beginning and am now a 12. I did not dramatically change my diet as I wanted to be able to sustain this after I lost the weight, so that's one reason it didn't go all that quickly. I used portion control, calorie counting and tried to run at least twice a week and went for long walks in the countryside on weekends.
  • lamilli09
    lamilli09 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Well, when I first started losing weight (pre-MFP), I lost 24 pounds in about 8 weeks. I then proceeded to yo-yo about +/- 10 pounds for the next six or so months.

When I started using MFP, I lost 20 pounds over the course of 4 months. (On a side note, I then spent the next 4 months fiddling with my weight until I felt like I was completely comfortable with my weight.)

But that's just my goal weight. Now that I'm at my goal weight, I'm trying to build some muscle and maybe lose a few more inches.

Good luck :)
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    I'm averaging .8 lbs. lost per week over the last 17 months.
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    8 months to lose 30 pounds. Then I lost another 5 on maintenance over 3 months. 2 years ago, I lost 20 pounds in about 7 months or so, but gained back 5 before starting on MFP last fall.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    10lbs in 10 weeks.
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I have lost 47 lbs in about 7 months. Started at 260 now at 213. I'm 5' 7 1/2"
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    It has taken me 3 and a half months to lose 20 pounds. I just hit the 20 pound mark this morning actually!! I probably have about another 20 pounds to lose, give or take.
  • mgreenham
    mgreenham Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Down that much in 7 months!!!! with or without surgery?
  • alex88carolina
    Options
    It Took Me A Hair Over 6 Months To Lose 109lb To My Original Goal Weight.
  • lruff1987
    lruff1987 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I took the loooong route. I established my goals, and then made small changes every day to reach those goals. So I began my weight loss journey in 2008, and reached my initial goal weight of 145 in the beginning of 2011. Sooo...about 3yrs. But the great thing is that, while it may have taken me awhile to reach that goal, I've stayed there for over a year and a half now because instead of "dieting," I changed my life. :)
  • hyndsie
    hyndsie Posts: 22
    Options
    i started using mfp on 1st june 2012, today at weigh in, im down 56lbs in total (4 stone) i have 14lbs more to loose, so im hoping by 1st december ill be there. which means it will have taken me 6 months to loose 5 stone or 70lbs.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • mininipuce
    mininipuce Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    42 pounds in 7 month 1/2 - I'm hoping to lose another 18 before March
  • ssnowdon76
    Options
    100 pounds in a little under 10 months.

For me, it was all about setting little goals; something achievable and working toward it and then, on a week to week basis .. driving to see a steady decline. I didn't care if it was 10 pounds or 1/10 of a pound. Any improvement over the week before was positive.
  • 2idjane
    2idjane Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I had 68 pounds to lose. I lost the first 60 in 5 months, and it took me four months to lose the last 8. So nine months total

What did you do to lose so much in such little time?!?! I need to lose about 70 lbs or so and the weight is coming off so slowly!
  • 2idjane
    2idjane Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies! It really helped boost my motivation :)
  • nikkinoonarr
    Options
    Hi, I lost 57lb in approximately 7 months. I'm 40 years old and started at 202lb I now weigh 145lb. Just a tiny bit left to go. I just weigh everything and log the lot. Walk and stay within my calorie goal. I stopped loosing about half way and started to zig zag my intake, tricked my body, ate low one day and high the next. Worked for me.
  • litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    It took me a year to reach my goal of 75lbs (July 2011 to July 2012) and within the healthy weight range. I've since lost another 5 lbs. and I'm attempting to lose another 5-9 lbs. The key has been tracking every single thing I eat and running.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!