Decaffinated Coffee

Options
Why drink decaffinated coffee? It's like sex with no orgasm. :tongue: I need my caffeine.

Replies

• ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    It still has a mild stimulant effect on people and can help supress appetite.

That being said, I've never understood people who drink decaf..........
  • TheDarkAss
    TheDarkAss Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Caffeine is also believed to have a mild nootropic effect. Over-consumption could be hazardous though, so one should take in in moderation.
  • iluvprettyshoes
    iluvprettyshoes Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    It's helps me not to be as lonely & missing my coffee.
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I only drink decaf if I want coffee at night, which is only once in a while. In the morning it's 3 cups of regular and I'm full steam ahead!
  • oldmanstauf
    oldmanstauf Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    On occasion, Dr.s have been known to suggest avoid the caffeine because of the spike in blood pressure it can cause.
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Some people like the taste of coffee and - for whatever reason, it doesn't really matter - do not want caffeine. Is that OK with you?
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I drink decaf when I'm already jittery but I want a warm treat. Coffee is delicious to me, whether or not I get buzzed from it. I also try to switch to decaf late in the afternoon so I can sleep at night.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Oh, and sex without orgasm isn't so bad either... just so you know. :)
  • anaboneana
    anaboneana Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I drink decaf when I'm already jittery but I want a warm treat. Coffee is delicious to me, whether or not I get buzzed from it. I also try to switch to decaf late in the afternoon so I can sleep at night.

this^^ i don't tend to get jittery when i drink coffee, but it does stimulate me.
    plus, i love going out occasionally for an after-dinner coffee with friends... and, if i want good night of sleep, i need decaf. there have been a few studies suggesting that the scent of coffee is tied to a very small increase in energy so... just the scent of coffee = stimulation. awesome aromatherapy.
  • juncture
    juncture Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Not meant to have caffiene (Dr's orders!) and occasionally I want some coffee so I go for decaff :)