Replies

• MissVitaVonCherry
    MissVitaVonCherry Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    yay!
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I weighed in at 215.2 this morning. I was a little shocked that I lost anything. I've felt a little out of control lately. I've lost my motivation for everything, not just for losing weight. I guess I should take a little comfort that even when I'm out of control, I eat better than I did a year ago. I'm snapping myself out of this right now. Tuesday was the 1 year anniversary of when I started losing weight. I've come so far and I'm not ready to give up yet. I know this is the 3rd time I'm saying it, but this time I really am refocusing. I got my butt out of bed this morning and to do 20 min of yoga. I'm going home after work and trying the Gold's Gym Cardio for the Wii that I bought months ago and only used once. I just joined the skinny saturday challenge to help me stay on track tomorrow so I don't blow the weekend. I can do this!!!
  • lynettep
    lynettep Posts: 157
    Options
    132.2 this week...gained a little...not surprising on how I have been feeling. Feel good this morning. Will work out hard!! Good luck to everyone else!!
  • kelly_a
    kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    morning gang! TGIF!!

I am down 4.8, 187.6 this am. NOW, to just stay in this mindset and keep on striving for what I want. Am off to the city today, so will check in again later.

Crystal, congrats! I know exactly how you are feeling. I passed my MFP yr back in Jan. Was "off" at the time..but in that 'funk' that seems to appear out of no where. What helped me was getting on here and just trying to remember WHY I want to to this. I think you are doing amazing and look, you have kept off what you lost last yr. The hardest part is change, but with our determination, I know we will get to that happy wt. Keep pushing and stay focused! I am proud of YOU!! Believe in yourself! You WILL do this! :flowerforyou:
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Pepper's,
    :drinker: to all the loser's today. My weight was 196 so no loss but no gain. I will have to do my shred at least 3 times a week to loose the pound. I will get there. Had a couple of bad days this week. At least I am not gaining.

Well back to work. Have a great day. :bigsmile:
  • angiemcnett
    Options
    I am at 214.2 pounds today, which is about where I was last week. I am very happy:happy: with that especially since I have NOT been going to the gym 2 times a day 4-5 days a week like I have been for awhile. I am still trying to get my junk room cleaned out and have had the radio on instead of the TV. I never realized how having the TV on makes me want to sit & eat. I think I am better off listening to the radio especially since when I hear my favorite songs I stop what I am doing and dance along. I feel like I am getting things done yet with a little exercise at the same time. I hope everyone is doing well. Have a great day!:smile:
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    MissVitaVonCherry Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Hello all! Well the scale read 203 this morning, I can't tell you how hard it has been for me to try to get out of these darn 200's:(
    One day soo I hope! that will be a milestone! I havn't been under 200 since 2001 :) WOW
    Cleaning out the garage lately and came across some not so old pictures taht I was not very happy with, and the other thing about them was that they were framed!!?!?! Like I had enjoyed them so much I pu it up for everyone to see:( Not happy!
    Anyhow I am gonna show you one! It is totally a motivation one for me!
    Ate chicken lastnight:( Long story, but I didnt have much of it. I still feel bad about it......going to the gym today

Angie~ i just had a moment while reading your post:) thought about baby in the belly and dancing around! what a great feeling! I miss those moments!
    So glad taht you are right on track!
    Crystal~Tell me how the gold's gym thing works out I read some reviews on it and it is supposed to be one of the best ones for you out there! WAY to go with you year mark! a good feeling it is!
    Sindy~You are a busy busy lady!
    Lynette~Hope that you keep feeling good throughout this weekend!
    KElly~ Have fun in the city! do some shopping for me!
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    PlumCrazyGirl Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Well, it seems my hubby got cabin fever.... he offered to take me to the diner a few miles from our house after he shoveled driveway & sidewalks. I'm no fool - I jumped at the chance to go out! It's still snowing.... our development is still snow covered roads. The highway outside our development is wet, a little slushy in spots. This diner is 3 miles from our house.

At the diner, I ate the whole damn thing -- 2 eggs, sausage, home fries, 2 slice toast, tea, pineapple juice.
    So you can see I won't be logging food in today. My hope is we'll skip lunch since it was a late breakfast and we'll have a dinner.

Miss V - I know the feeling about the photos. I look at my August 2009 photos (profile pic) and think what? Didn't help when my girlfriend who I was visitiing is all but 100lbs soaking wet. And because I'm American (she's not ) she kept offering me more food. I had a hard time saying no thank you. Now, since my German is really poor, I just accepted whatever her parents gave me since their English was really poor.

Angie - yup, get the baby moving..... who knows you may have a budding musician in the making.

Crystal - congrats on 1 year!

Congrats to those successful this week.
    Take care.
    Barb
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon Pepper's,
    Yes very busy durning tax season(I do taxes as a second job until April) I am hoping to get a new bed soon need some real good sleep. Right now only about 5-6 hours at night. but after April it is back to one job for the rest of the year.

I really need to control my eating, when I am tired I loose control. Also, by the time I get home from my second job it is after 9PM and I have to eat dinner then it is bed time. I cant bring dinner with me (cant be eating while with clients) and no time in between. I will figure something out.

Well back to work. Have a great day:bigsmile:
  • CrystalT
    Options
    Miss V, my wedding photos are that way. I got married 1 1/2 years ago BEFORE I started losing weight. The pictures are still hanging on the wall and they probably always will. I can't erase the past. Plus, it is a reminder of what I don't want to go back to.
  • jacque509
    Options
    Well I weight in at 245 so up a pound. My knee is still acting up. Tried to walk a little today and it feels like it trying to throw itself out so Blah!! Well gotta keep trying.
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    Options
    Read in March 2010, Redbook magazine, pg 22

"Chew gum, lose weight
    Three sticks of sugar-free gum over the course of an afternoon reduce hunger and carvings, and even lead snackers to eat fewer calories, says a new study from the Pennington Biomedical Research Center and Louisana State University. Statsh a pack of Wrigley's sugar free 5 gum in your bag - its fancy wrapping and fab flavor make chewing gum feel almost elegant."

Well, Ladies and Mike - That's what the article says - chew 3 sticks of sugar free gum each afternoon.
    Has anyone tried this?

Barb
  • angiemcnett
    Options
    BAIcott - I haven't tried this but I think I will. It doesn't hurt to try. I chew gum when I exercise.
  • kelly_a
    Options
    I did it years ago, but not 3 sticks, just one. When I did Jenny Craig in '96, ( while working in a hospital lab ), I would chew a piece of gum immediately after breakfast, then again after lunch. I have done it since then over the years, but never 3 sticks in the course of an afternoon...maybe that's my problem here??? I don't know how 'clean' sugar free gum is....but hey, Bob does suggest it on BL, so I say give it a try!
  • CrystalT
    Options
    Sounds like a reasonable idea to me. I might grab a few packs at the store this afternoon. I think it would be nice to have a few different flavors for variety.

I've already done my yoga for the morning. DH & I are off to grocery shop in a little while. After that, we're going to the gym or maybe a bike ride if the weather is warm enough. Tonight, he's taking me out to a karaoke bar. He's going to act as DD so I can drink (and sign :happy: ). I made sure to track some alcohol so I don't go over. I really want to go back on track. Going out is no excuse right now.

I'm setting new goals. I want them to be reasonable so I have no excuse not to reach them. I have the original go of losing all 100 lbs by my 1 year ann. I realize now that it wasn't realistic to lose 2 lbs a week EVERY week for a whole year.

1st - My best friend and I just booked a cruise that leaves April 22. I want to lose at least another 10 lbs before I go. I would really like to have my ticker read 70 lbs lost, but we'll see.

2nd - lose another 10 by my birthday on June 27.

3rd - 10 more before DH's birthday on August 30.

4th - last 10 lbs (for a grand total of over 100 lbs) before New Years!!
  • kelly_a
    Options
    real quick note here.....had bus trip for most of yesterday........no internet service, couldn't check in, log my food/activity :angry: , gave in to pleasure food (CHIPS :grumble: ) did get a walk in w/Leslie and 5 min w/Mia......

today dh and I are celebrating anniv # 23...so will be dining out later and likely not recording THAT, but will focus on control....and get a decent workout in.

gotta go, have a great Sunday team! Will check in later and post the chart!

Crystal....you are inspiring me!! :flowerforyou:
  • lynettep
    lynettep Posts: 157
    Options
    Sounds like everyone is having a great weekend. Have fun tonight KELLY!! Congrats!

I just came back from working out.....1 hr. of cardio! YEAH! FEEL GOOD TODAY! Have a great day everyone!
  • kelly_a
    Options
    226-1.png

let me know if I need to change anything...:smile:
  • kelly_a
    Options
    well, I am STILL full from my meal....:sick: blech.....ready to get movin' and get sweaty!

Crystal, I was just thinking the same thing...about my goals. I am aiming for 20 lbs this year....I know I need to lose double that for a normal wt, but with all my yo-yo yrs, slow and steady seems to be working for me. However, I have not been steady what-so-ever! I have kept the 20 off from last year, so I will be happy if I am at 170 or less by Jan 2011. I tended to favor quick loss, but now see that didn't work. I really need to get out of my comfort zone, and push thru a lot of issues..... I want to improve my consistency with exercise and take my fitness to the next level. My eating habits are pretty good, *IF* I stay on track 80-90% of the time. I need to be honest with myself about this whole lifestyle thing, and I know hard work and staying committed will get me closer to a healthier me. The first thing I need to do is correct my ticker.....

My youngest son graduates May 16. I would love to be down 20 by then, but I don't even know if that will happen. I know just with regular exercise, starting now, I am going to feel better, and possibly look slimmer. If the wt comes down, well, that will be a plus.

For the month of March these are my goals....
    ~~ exercise, 25 days OR 1500 minutes.
    start Jillian Michaels 30 day shred and get to day 5 of Level 2
    March 17, my 44th bday....weigh 182????

I think setting goals really does help and looking at them daily keeps me focused and accountable. :flowerforyou:
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    Options
    Crystal - I love karoke. Can't sing worth a damn... but I don't. I'm one of those folks that you need to pry the microphone out of my hands and I'm sober!

My golas were 3lbs Feb, Mar, Apr. Hoping to lose 10 by mid May. Perhaps it's still doable.

This weekend was a flop. A CubScout recognition lunch on Saturday. Then after the school teacher/parent talent show I took the kids out to the local diner. Cake at the recognition dinner, leftover cake today.....

I had some big challenges w/my oldest and came close to take an anti anxiety med. I have a prescription which I got in early winter. Haven't taken one yet.

On the flip side I did get the verizon's droid on Friday night. That thing is stressing me out since I'm not one who handles technology change well. I'm not the kind of person who can just pick up a techno thing and be able to work it. W/o the kids or hubby I can't figure out how to play a DVD. I feel thankful I have gotten few calls and texts. I am struggling w/how to figure this phone out.

Here's hoping Monday starts a better week for us.
    B